Analyst, Financial Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Analyst, Financial Planning
Finance and Accounting
General & Administrative Operations
Share | |Email this job
ANALYST, FINANCIAL PLANNING *LI
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Finance team works with Senior Executives to develop financial projections for each business unit, evaluate the merits of new investment proposals, and analyze the firm s financial performance for both internal and external stakeholders. The Finance team is seeking an Analyst to focus on these business needs. The Senior Analyst will be a key member of the department, working with Finance Leadership to meet internal and external Company financial targets. The Senior Analyst will be financially responsible for supporting internal departments, revenue forecasting, and budgeting system management and innovation.
- Communicating with Senior/Executive level staff
- Supporting the annual budgeting process by modeling and analyzing proposed financial goals across the firm and at the department level
- Analyze commercial and operational performance to forecast revenue sensitivity
- Supporting the development and maintenance of an infrastructure that facilitates rapid reporting and analysis of key metrics driving financial and operational performance
- Creating and maintaining department dashboards analyzing performance against key business metrics, including cost, revenue, and margin targets
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
- Working with the Accounting team to develop soft close/quarter end financial projections
- Analyzing specific financial and operational issues during the year, including ad-hoc analysis, modeling, and forecasting
- Bachelor s Degree in finance, economics, business, or another related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience using quantitative analytical tools to assemble, analyze, and draw conclusions from business data
- Robust understanding of corporate finance
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Discretion in handling sensitive firm, department and individual performance information
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Anaplan FP&A, Salesforce, and or Workday system experience
- Drive to consistently meet objectives and maintain focus
- Resourcefulness-ability to procure detailed data and information
- Proven service orientation with attention to detail and follow-up
- Proven project management and planning skills
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global technology, research and consulting firm partnering with 238,000 leaders in 4,200+ organizations across health care and higher education. We combine the expertise of our 3,000+ employees around the world to find solutions to the most pressing challenges in health care. Our performance technology products offer user-friendly, Web-enabled dashboard platforms with tremendous analytic capabilities that generate more than $700 million in realized value annually for our members. These solutions focus on strategically important areas, including physician alignment, revenue cycle, accountable care, and surgical profitability. We thrive on innovation and the knowledge that we are creating real change in an industry that matters to everyone.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are asked to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based our values and principles. Eavesdrop on a conversation among Advisory Board teammates--or a performance review, or a planning session and you're likely to hear phrases such as "running toward criticism" and "the power of language" used with sincerity and even passion. We function on a meritocracy we award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a high bar for talent, a performance-driven staff, and peers that constantly challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm and make an impact in industries that matter to everyone.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Rich health plan portfolio with employer contribution
- 401(k) with company match and rapid vesting schedule
- The nation s most generous daytime leave policy for community service
- Wellness programs and an emphasis on work-life balance
- Continuing training and skill development opportunities
- Generous paid time off policy
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Emergency back-up childcare
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.