- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Analyst, Health Care Philanthropy Strategic Research
Analyst, Health Care Philanthropy Strategic Research
Research & Writing
Share | |Email this job
ANALYST, HEALTH CARE PHILANTHROPY STRATEGIC RESEARCH *LI
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Philanthropy Leadership Council is the Advisory Board s syndicated research division dedicated to uncovering and modeling best practices in hospital fundraising. The program serves senior healthcare development officers and their staff, equipping these executives with information, insights and prescriptive, expert advice to support goal-setting, strategy creation, and high-level direction for the development function. The Philanthropy Leadership Council delivers its work through research reports, teleconferences, onsite presentations, executive summits, online learning, and toolkits. The program uses a rigorous research methodology and critical analysis to develop insightful guidance and implementation support, bases recommendations on data and documented case studies, and maintains high standards for quality and relevance.
Examples of recent research initiatives include:
- Best in class grateful patient programs
- Partnerships with physician champions and allies
- Casemaking and stewardship strategies for donor investors
- Developing top competencies of frontline fundraisers
Analysts typically work on at least two research studies per year, with job responsibilities varying according to the stage in the study cycle. Across each research cycle, the analyst will typically be expected to accomplish the following objectives:
- Collaborate on research agenda setting
- Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
- Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
- Reduce industry challenges to root cause problems
- Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
- Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
- Contribute to creation of presentation materials
- Potentially analyze and build market calculators and financial models
As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing thought leadership and creativity, and serving as in-house experts on various topics.
The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst s performance, capabilities and ambition.
- Bachelor s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum three months of work or internship experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in health care
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
- Experience with fundraising
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD:
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.