Analyst - Health 8/11/2016
IMPAQ International LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ANALYST - HEALTH
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, Seattle, Washington and a Bay Area office in Oakland, California. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
IMPAQ is seeking full-time Analysts. Analysts will support our research team in a broad range of activities including data analysis, program assessments, project evaluation and technical assistance tasks in the areas of labor/human services (e.g., workforce investment programs, unemployment insurance, dislocated workers), health (e.g., government health care programs, such as Medicare/Medicaid, areas of long-term health care and quality measurement), education (e.g., elementary and secondary reform, adolescent literacy, high school dropout and graduation, English language learners, teacher professional development, youth development, and school career and technical education ), survey research and/or international development.
* Independently performs a variety of research and analysis tasks.
* Conducts, compiles, validates, interprets, and analyzes data and trends using practices and techniques in the field(s) of specialization using qualitative and quantitative data techniques and methods.
* Works on assignments that are moderately complex under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
* Participates in portions of large, moderately complex projects. Prepares presentation-quality charts, tables, and reports from data analysis and client meetings.
* Identifies and reviews professional publications from various sources to extract and summarize information relevant to assigned project and proposal work.
* Provides support for project activities and events, including scheduling and participating in site visits for data collection purposes. Coordinates and participates in project meetings, conference calls, webinars, and video conferences.
* Manages small project tasks and activities.
* Writes and proofs proposals.
* Reviews work products to ensure quality and consistency of content.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Knowledge and Experience):
* Bachelor s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, or Political Science.
* 0-3 years of research experience in economics, health and human services, public policy, public health or related fields
* Experience with research proposal and report preparation preferred
* Knowledge of or familiarity with quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis methods using SAS, STATA, NVivo, other qualitative or quantitative analysis programs, and/or database applications is required
* Excellent oral and written and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
* Advanced expertise in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
IMPAQ International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Please note, your application will not be submitted for this position if you close your browser before completing each section
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS