Analyst, Mortgage Servicing Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 9/1/2017
Mount Laurel, NJ
Responsible for and support of a diversified array of functions including the development and production of functional user reports, special projects, process improvement initiatives and the development of visual basic scripts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Responsible for analyzing requirements, developing and producing functional user reports on a routine and as need basis using various query building and report writing software to streamline processes and to ensure compliance with PHH procedures and investor guidelines
* Collects, analyzes and interprets data relative to Servicing systems and makes recommendations and assists with the implementation of data integrity reports and key performance reports
* Become a SME on company data repository; understanding source, table structures, values, key calculations to ensure accuracy and consistency in reporting solutions
* Performs workflow analysis to improve efficiency, productivity and cost savings and then makes recommendations for improvement and assists in the implementation of new procedures
* Gathers and documents procedure requirements from functional user groups and then develops and maintains Visual Basic code to automate redundant processes
* Develops Access databases to support business initiatives
* Develops and periodically reviews written procedures to ensure they are updated and integrity is maintained. Refresh files as needed
* Takes ownership for special projects assigned and reports current status to supervisor/manager on frequent basis
* Conducts research and analysis and then coordinates the implementation of each project and conducts follow-up to ensure successful implementation
* Assists in the development of training initiatives and provides support of various mortgage servicing software to other business analysts in Servicing
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelors degree in Business or Information Systems discipline preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of experience with report development and analytics required
* Experience in Mortgage Banking preferred
* Experience in dashboard creation utilizing Qlik Sense and/or Tableau data visualization preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
* Well organized, paying close attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
* Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service
* Rapidly adapts to changing information, conditions and/or unexpected obstacles
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Intermediate to advanced skills with Access and query building software required
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
* Proficiency with Mortgage Servicing Package (MSP) preferred
* Intermediate to advanced skills with Visual Basic preferred
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* 8:30 5:00 M-F
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The requirements and the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.