Analyst, Product Management (Full-time position, starting winter or summer 2017) 8/20/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Analyst, Product Management (Full-time position, starting winter or summer 2017)
Share | |Email this job
ANALYST, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING WINTER OR SUMMER 2017)
Health Care Product Development
The Advisory Board Company
Keywords: product owner, product management, product manager, business analyst
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Product Analyst will serve as a software product expert combining market analysis, end-user feedback, and technology knowledge to create world-class health care solutions that sit at the intersection of market need, technical feasibility and top-notch user experience. This particular opportunity offers talented and ambitious candidates the opportunity to deliver insights impacting the quality, financial, and operational performance to health systems and care providers at a national level.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
- Partner closely with engineering and user experience teams to build and deliver a world-class, high quality software-as-a-service product
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and approaches to define features that align to an established product vision
- Conceptualize, prioritize, and write succinct product requirements that will be leveraged by cross-functional product development team
- Be a resident domain expert in the capabilities and functions / features supporting the business and business needs of the users
- Monitor governmental and regulatory changes impacting market needs
- Evangelize and train marketing, services and consulting teams on the product capabilities
- Communicate roadmap progress and product effectiveness to internal stakeholders
- Continue to refine product vision based on feedback from end users, working team, and internal and external thought leaders
- Ensure market messaging is consistent with product functionality and highlights distinctive value proposition(s)
- Define success for the product and predict and measure impact of feature releases
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Excellent academic record
- Proven analytic orientation as well as ability to be comfortable with some uncertainty
- Ability to prioritize with conviction and communicate decisions effectively
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and creativity
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Evidence of ability to work with a cross-disciplinary team
- 1+ years of practical Product Management experience delivering software products in a B2B or B2C setting or 1+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the SDLC and agile methodologies
- Prior experience in Health care industry
- Ability to boil down market findings into new product/enhancement ideas
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.