Analyst, Programmer-Sr. - West Norriton or Chantilly, VA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Analyst, Programmer-Sr. for West Norriton or Chantilly, VA.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3748262
Contribute to functional needs analysis and provide the defined functionality through systems design and application code development. Ensure systems developed are integrated into the technical and functional environments as the technical expert of the system.
1. Provide functional suggestions to customer and Systems Analyst during definition of specifications.
2. Assess technical alternatives to enhance the requested functionality.
3. Contribute to the integration of the system with database, LAN/WAN, data communications, and computer operations. 4 Estimate work effort and timeframe for completion of system and necessary interfaces.
5. Code application in appropriate programming language, job control language, and utilities.
6. Develop and execute unit, systems integration, and user-acceptance test plans.
7. Prepare and test Operations Instructions for developed programs and systems.
8. Maintain assigned systems' application source code and job control language.
9. Looked upon as the system expert for problem resolution and enhancements.
10. Provide unsolicited suggestions for enhancements of functional effectiveness and technical efficiencies.
11. Maintain and resolve code problems on both a scheduled and on-call basis.
12. Meet scheduling deadlines and project commitments.
13. Train Computer Operators and End Users on the developed systems.
14. Document technical and functional integration of the program or system with related systems.
-BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with an emphasis on application programming and systems analysis/development.
-6 years software development;
-Excellent customer service, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills;
-Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; Ability to adapt to change in a time sensitive environment;
-Ability to work with all levels or personnel, technical as well as business customers;
-Proficiency at written and verbal communication across technical and business topics;
-Knowledge of: database design, relevant programming language, communications across various platforms, MS Office products.
-After hours and weekend support as needed.
Key Word Search: Analysis, Development, Testing, Training, Programming, Software, Application, Coding, Test Plans, and Source Code.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.