Analyst, Regulatory Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
* Maintain internal control framework for the Regulatory Reporting group.
* Work with team to understand the information inputs and the reporting process.
* Maintain process flowcharts and control points, liaison with SOX/FDICIA control team.
* Ensure all control requirements are being completed on a timely basis including key spreadsheet controls, procedure updates, reporting attestations, etc.
* Coordinate business continuity plan with Information Technology group
* Assist in regulatory reporting examinations by the Fed, internal audit and PWC
* Maintain current procedures documentation for all key activities within the regulatory reporting area
* Ensure compliance with and completeness of policies and procedures, including Sarbox documentation requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* 3-4 years relevant accounting experience; good understanding of US GAAP
* Strong accounting and/or internal control (SOX) knowledge
* Regulatory reporting experience is beneficial, including experience with FR Y9C, Call Report, etc.
* Detail oriented; proactive in follow-up and maintaining a documented process
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work with and influence people across a matrix organization
* Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge required
* Strong teamwork ethic and organizational skills
* CPA or equivalent preferred
* Experience in PeopleSoft/Hyperion a plus