Analyst - Regulatory Strategy & Integrated Analytics in FERC Rates & Revenue Requirements
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ANALYST - REGULATORY STRATEGY & INTEGRATED ANALYTICS IN FERC RATES & REVENUE REQUIREMENTS
JOB ID 20163199 DATE POSTED 09/13/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
To oversee and lead the revenue requirements analyses and modeling that support regulatory filings, regulatory strategies, and rate cases. To provide subject matter expertise in one or more integrated analytics functions within Regulatory Strategy & Integrated Analytics in support of the development of regulatory strategy.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Prepare rate case costs of service and associated discovery responses, periodic regulatory earnings reports, periodic regulatory return calculations and any other ad hoc analysis as required in order to facilitate and support business decision making.
* Provide regulatory revenue requirements analysis where required in order to contribute to business development efforts and support value creation of the company.
* Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information to support the development of regulatory strategies and preparation of regulatory filings.
* Analyze key themes from a wide range of external and internal data sources, including economic / financial market movements, proposed ratemaking strategies, rate plans and possible outcomes of rate case proceedings in order to identify how different scenarios may impact cost recovery and ROE analysis.
* Conduct analysis and work with business partners to translate objectives into well-defined requirements supporting input into regulatory strategy in order to support change and innovation within National Grid.
* Perform internal and external research on state/federal regulatory policies and filings in order to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
* Build upon technical/professional skills within all areas of Regulation and Pricing in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
* Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR LEAD ANALYST:
Lead analysts are expected to deliver on the key accountabilities list above as well as those listed below.
* Produce written and oral testimony and analysis in support of regulatory filings as a company witness or in support of other company witnesses.
* Develop pricing and tariff process and policy specifications and criteria and options and evaluate those options to support senior management decision-making in the application of regulation and pricing, such as in general rate cases, comprehensive rate plan filings and tariff administration proceedings.
* Develop the criteria, framework and standards for the analytical studies to support regulatory, tariff and pricing proposals to ensure National Grid consider all options as consistently and efficiently as possible before designing and implementing any new policies.
* Research and analyze key themes from a wide range of data sources in order to identify how different regulatory scenarios may impact upon the business.
* Translate regulatory and tariff/pricing change objectives into clearly defined business cases and department annual plans in order to support achievement of any implementation objectives effectively.
* Contribute to the identification and formulation of strategic objectives specific to Regulation and Pricing, in order to drive change and innovation within National Grid.
* Support the leadership, motivation and development of a professional team of analysts to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
* Keep regulators and other relevant parties up to date and informed on National Grid regulatory programs in order to ensure they are managed appropriately and in line with regulatory requirements.
* Develop and utilize peer group network in order to absorb and apply technical/professional best practice within regulatory area, including regulatory developments and precedents.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Lead Analysts are expected to have the knowledge & experience listed below.
* A Bachelor's degree in accounting, economics, finance, engineering, or related field and up to 7 years of related experience, or equivalent work experience. An advanced degree/credits is preferred.
* Experience supporting training and development of other team members.
* Expert within their field. Extensive and significant knowledge of regulation and unit costing tools and techniques and financial analysis tools and techniques sufficient to lead programs or projects.
* Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation. Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
* Knowledge of division policies, processes and fields of work.
* Expertise in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook) with knowledge of data management.
* Knowledge of budgeting and operational planning.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to provide timely and accurate interpretation of analyses.
* Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, and must be able to present information in a clear and concise manner to large groups, senior management; internal customers and external contacts.
* Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and determine priorities in a team environment.
* Demonstrates willingness to research inquiries and follow-up to ensure completion.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer, committed to providing equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other factor protected from discrimination under municipal, state, or federal law. We encourage all interested, qualified persons to join the National Grid team.
:Regulatory & Pricing
:Sep 13, 2016, 9:55:59 AM