Analyst - Residential Mortgage
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: * Processing jumbo loan files, verifying accuracy of documents received and reviewing loan files, to ensure all documents are received and correct.
* Able to determine income for salaried borrowers and basic knowledge of self-employed borrowers
* Determining which documentation is needed to complete the loan files. Calling borrowers, real estate brokers, and title companies to request specified documents, such as receipt for payment of outstanding tax bill.
* Contacting outside vendors and requesting necessary documents.
* Determining appropriate course of contact-phone, fax, e-mail, written request, etc. Calling borrower, broker and other specified individuals to provide status updates and arrange time and date for closing. Handling customer inquiries, providing information regarding missing documents and loan status. Keeping up to date of all policies and procedures
Qualifications: * 2 or more years of experience with a broad understanding of all facets of mortgage loans or equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as an Associate Loan Processor, Loan Processor and/or Senior Loan Processor.
* Knowledge of Loan Processing and Underwriting preferred.
* Knowledge of Mortgage Banking preferred.
* Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
* Strong oral and written communication abilities.
* Team Player.
* Excellent Customer Service skills.
* Ability to adapt to change.
* Works well under time constraints.
* Computer literate.
* Consistency in order to ensure service levels are met