Analyst, Resource Planning (Associate/Sr.) - New York City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
ANALYST, RESOURCE PLANNING (ASSOCIATE/SR.) - NEW YORK CITY
JOB ID 20163077 DATE POSTED 09/09/2016 Description
About the Position:
As the Analyst in Resource Planning you will support the Resource Planning process by analyzing data, performing risk analysis, and generating reports.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Assist Program Managers in development of annual Work and Resource plans and in the day to day management of projects under their jurisdiction
* Gather, extract, and analyze data from multiple work management sources. Verify and validate data as required.
* Analyze historical data to assist in creating a zero based workload and annual work plan.
* Analyze planned versus actual work completion by process. Identify causes of variances to plan and share with key stakeholders
* Create progress reports and track completion against mandated plans
* Assist with special projects and tasks as required
* Independently collate and analyze work unit and/or financial data within one or multiple areas using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department s decision making process
* Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to timely and accurate information.
* Proactively research, produce, monitor and analyze cost, work plan, or other information to enable analysis of key themes and trends. This would include analyzing weekly and monthly cost data, preparing reports explaining budget variances and forecasting future expenses.
* Manage the day to day relationship with internal parties to understand their requirements, deliver appropriate customized solutions,
* Develop and maintain effective relationshipswith key stakeholders to share best practices, provide technical advice
* Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned areas. This includes preparing charts, graphs, and detailed statistical analysis related to budget and cost control
Knowlege & Experience Required:
*A Bachelor s Degree and 2-3 years of analyst experience or equivalent work experience.
*Demonstrated strong analytical skills
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Proficient in Project management and Work Management software including MicroSoft Office, Excel, STORMS, Power Plant, and P6
*Familiar with both Gas and Electric distribution work
*Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
*Ability to travel across the divisions and regions as required
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid values and celebrates a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise.We foster a culture of inclusiveness that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.National Grid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
:NY-Brooklyn, NY-Staten Island
:Sep 9, 2016, 2:34:24 PM
:Oct 9, 2016, 11:59:00 PM