Analyst, Routing Capacity
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Analyst, Routing Capacity is responsible for the design and implementation of the routing solution for a technical workforce. This position builds and maintains local knowledge areas, routing system parameter settings, technical profiles and shift patterns for a collection of technical work groups. This position minimizes inefficiencies in either under-utilized resources or un-fulfilled customer demand and drives highly productive and customer responsive routing solutions. This position uses a suite of analysis tools to analyze territory and workforce configurations and design solutions to provide a satisfactory level of service to our customers. This position owns the route design solution and make adjustments to ensure the optimal long-term workforce configuration. This position is accountable for all routing system parameters for their technical work groupsJOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designs and maintains local knowledge areas that optimize the use of planned resources to support forecasted demand. Executes territory optimization and workforce optimization analysis (SWAT) to establish initial design and manage required adjustments.Simulates demand booking and coverage solutions to find optimal resourcing strategy. Uploads configurations into production environment. Reviews business results and identify opportunities for improvement. Designs and implements improvement solutions.
* Establishes appropriate settings for all routing system parameters and manages those settings as business trends change.
Maintains optimal system parameters to ensure the best possible capacity management solution. Manages capacity to demand, to delivering the most profitable solution
* Leads staffing calls and Target 3 work sessions to facilitate seasonal changeover or other significant business volume shifts.
* Communicates regularly with Routing team & District staff to ensure alignment and execution to route design plans
* Acts as a consultant (routing system expert) to District and advisor to Territory Capacity Manager in long-term planning sessions.
* Participates on the Territory Capacity Planning Team and as a key extension of the District staff
* Accountable and responsible for key business metrics: Response Time: Drives response time performance through optimization of shift patterns, local knowledge and SI parameters. Meets or exceeds customer SLAs
* Sets up routing parameters so the routing system maximizes the profitability of the routing product for calls handled.
* Optimizes routing solution design to minimize travel between service orders. Measured in both travel minutes and mileage per call.
* Minimizes free capacity and overbooking by managing short term capacity and scheduling opportunities. Drives in-window
performance through proper technician level settings and profile management.
* Optimizes customer satisfaction by ensuring that the right tech is available at the time the customer wants service.
* Experience and aptitude with computers, databases and logical systems.
* Knowledge of internet-based applications.
* Extensive routing system knowledge.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Creative thinker
* Works with minimal supervision and can confidently execute his / her authority to make route design decisions
* Outstanding customer service skills.
* Computer literacy skills.
* Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
* Leadership abilities in planning, goal setting, coaching and execution.
* Structured problem solving skills.
* Open to change and the ability to implement change quickly and effectively.
* Conveys a positive image of the Company in all actions and behaviors.
* Previous continual process improvement and workforce planning experience a plusEqual Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.