Analyst/Senior Analyst, Regulatory and Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
ANALYST/SENIOR ANALYST, REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE
JOB ID 20161973 DATE POSTED 11/03/2016 DescriptionWith the demand for energy growing globally, it s a great time to be a part of this transformative industry. National Grid is at the forefront of this transformation and we want you to join us on our journey. We are looking for high performing individuals who take pride in the quality of their work and want to progress their careers at a large, multinational company. You will play an important role in solving some of the world's most critical energy and economic challenges. Your career development is our priority. Our career progression tools and programs will provide you with the relevant knowledge and applicable skills to succeed. By connecting you to learning and development opportunities, we work with you to develop your leadership, business and technical skills. Supporting you to help grow the business and drive current and future performance makes us a great team. Come be a part of our team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Jurisdiction Finance, Analyst/Senior Analyst, Regulatory and Compliance, Regulatory and Compliance provides financial compliance review and reporting support to New York. Develops and reports on financial compliance requirements in the jurisdiction to ensure accurate reporting of Jurisdiction financial information. Utilizes data provided by the jurisdiction to develop reporting. Responsible for supporting the performance and reporting processes. Reports to the Manager, Financial Performance and Reporting (NY) and provides support by providing compliance reporting to jurisdictions.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Reviews and provides compliance reporting to support the jurisdiction.
* Responsible for financial and performance reporting on jurisdiction spend and operational costs.
* Drafts jurisdiction compliance reports and identifies trends.
* Responsible for monthly performance reporting and compliance updates for the jurisdiction.
* Provides ad-hoc reporting to support requests from Cadence Review Meetings.
* Reviews reporting details for accuracy.
* Responsible for maintaining reports and performance documentation.
* Follows reporting guidelines and applies US GAAP, SOX and SEC requirements.
* Obtains sign-off on reports for business financial performance actions plans.
* Utilizes knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS in analysis and scenarios.
* Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS PREFERABLE:
* Business and financial planning.
* Budget consolidation.
* Business unit finance.
* General Accounting.
* Data collection and review.
* U.S. GAAP, SOX, SEC requirements and IFRS.
* Budgeting, accurate forecasting and KPIs.
* Analysis of business performance.
* Project management.
* Cross-functional business partnerships.
* Bachelor s preferred with a minimum of 3 years in business performance, reporting or data analysis.
* Experience in financial planning activities.
* Background in business unit finance structures.
* Experience researching and collecting financial data for accurate budgeting.
* Demonstrated business forecasting.
* Background in utility service business activities.
* Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Access; SAP preferred.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Finance Jurisdictional Heads
:Finance Jurisdictional Heads
:Nov 3, 2016, 6:34:42 AM
:Dec 18, 2016, 11:59:00 PM