Analyst/Sr. Analyst, Audit Coordination
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
ANALYST/SR. ANALYST, AUDIT COORDINATION
JOB ID 20162207 DATE POSTED 11/03/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
With the demand for energy growing globally, it s a great time to be a part of this transformative industry. National Grid is at the forefront of this transformation and we want you to join us on our journey. We are looking for high performing individuals who take pride in the quality of their work and want to progress their careers at a large, multinational company. You will play an important role in solving some of the world's most critical energy and economic challenges. Your career development is our priority. Our career progression tools and programs will provide you with the relevant knowledge and applicable skills to succeed. By connecting you to learning and development opportunities, we work with you to develop your leadership, business and technical skills. Supporting you to help grow the business and drive current and future performance makes us a great team. Come be a part of our team.
Analyst/Sr. Analyst, Audit Coordination is responsible for assisting with audits and coordination across Finance Operations. Reviews reporting and filings to ensure compliance and assess any risks. Responsible for compliance audits and assisting with the development of reporting audit compliance programs.
Reports to the Manager, Audit Coordination and is responsible for tracking and maintaining up-to-date documentation.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Responsible for coordinating and preparing reports and information for compliance filings and audits.
* Responds to audit request and ensures audit information is available for review.
* Partners with the Director, Recording to establish guidelines on audit compliance plans or ad-hoc audits to mitigate audit issues.
* Responsible for preparing documentation for internal audits by partnering with Director, Reporting on audit requirements.
* Responsible for maintaining knowledge of compliance issues and documenting outcomes.
* Researches technical and audit criteria to assist in successful audits.
* Responsible for preparing audit reports for issuance.
* Maintains confidentiality of audit timelines to meet reporting and filing deadlines.
* Monitors financial regulatory compliance to ensure filings and requirements filed timely.
* Reviews deferral variances by working with accounting and adhering to US GAAP and SOX guidelines.
* Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS PREFERABLE:
* Financial Audit.
* Financial Reporting.
* Compliance and implementation.
* Utility industry reporting and filing.
* US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
* Process Management.
* Risk mitigation.
* Bachelor s Degree required with a minimum of 3+ years experience in accounting or audit roles with increasing responsibility.
* Utility background a plus.
* Finance background required.
* Experience in financial reporting and auditing.
* Knowledge and experience in compliance documentation.
* Experience in general or technical accounting.
* Knowledge of general ledger platforms and accounting system experience.
* Experience working across department and geographic boundaries to lead risk mitigation, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework.
* Background in utility service business activities and projects.
* Experience reviewing and resolving data discrepancies.
* Able to assess accounting issues and recommend solutions.
* Experience managing competing priorities to meet deadlines.
* Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills.
* Ability to build and develop teams of multi-skilled financial professional.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Nov 3, 2016, 9:01:05 AM
:Dec 18, 2016, 11:59:00 PM