- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Analyst, Sr. Claims & Risk Mgmt
Graphic Packaging International, Inc. (NYSE: GPK), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading provider of packaging solutions for a wide variety of products to food, beverage and other consumer products companies. The Company is one of the largest producers of folding cartons and holds a leading market position in coated-unbleached kraft and coated-recycled board. The Company's customers include some of the most widely recognized companies in the world.
Our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 13,500 employees working in more than 50 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Robust risk management exposure with an emphasis on claims management. This position will minimize risk to the Company by: effectively managing claims while maintaining the health and well-being of the employees and third parties; and manage projects (coverage opinions/briefs, development of intranet based solutions), maintain compliance of suppliers' COIs, cross train with the Sr. Analyst as well as other activities as needed.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following .
* Sole authority up to $50,000 per claim to: manage claims (AL, GL & WC) including but not limited to approving reserve increases, approving settlements and communicating same to various levels within the Company; authority over $50,000 to be coordinated with the Director and over $100,000 to include the specific approval of the CFO (after approval by the Director)
* Manage quarterly claim reviews with TPA, Plant & Safety
* Manage annual claims expense to within Plan
* Reconcile the current and long-term reserves on the Balance Sheet back to loss runs and cash applications
* Keep abreast of statutory WC regulations and proactively monitor Company for compliance
* Manage projects for the Director, such as: intranet based access of key insurance data, minimum vendor insurance requirements and policy summaries;
* Manage COI compliance including oversight of 3 rd party portal and Vendor Management systems
* Contract review (sales, purchase, leasing and the like)
* Able to coordinate select policy renewals
* Provide actuarial data semi-annually
* Analyze differences in premium from Plan to actual
* Manage annual USA casualty insurance audit (General Liability, WC and Automobile)
* Create PowerPoint decks for Director
* Review invoices for accuracy and present for approval
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 6 years claims experience in risk management or with an insurance broker or carrier
* Minimum of 4 years broad based risk management experience
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Demonstrated understanding of insurance policies, contract review and the related business impact
* Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Risk Management, Finance/Accounting or related field
* Strong analytical skills
* Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
* Fundamental accounting concepts and an understanding of the flow of transactions from Risk Management to the Income Statement and the Balance Sheet
* Strong aptitude with internet based computer systems, SAP and COI tracking systems
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.