Analyst, Sr. Transportation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:The role of the Sr. Analyst, Transportation is designed to provide analytical, auditing, reporting and operational support for the Transportation Organization and network.
- Utilize Supply Chain knowledge and expertise to produce insightful analytical research
- Collaboratation with third party carriers, distribution centers, and vendors to optimize the delivery operation to retail stores and customer delivery satellite locations, including reverse logistics.
- Conduct Invoicing Audits against 3PL contractual agreements
- Partner with other team members and Managers in framing operational problems, analyzing information and recommendations based knowledge of Supply Chain Field Operations.
- Support the Continuous Process Improvement process on by proposing proccess improvement solutions to the senior transporation leaders.
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coordinate, create and analyze Operation metrics and provide feedback on trends, risks and opportunities to leadership.
- Analyze delivery network to identify expense reduction opportunities. Research on-time performance deficiencies
- Work directly with vendors and carriers in developing corrective plans of action.
- Conduct audit of complex carrier invoices against contracted rates, accessorial, and DOE fuel index. Assign G/L coding to the appropriate transportation activity.Reconcile and obtain corrected invoices as necessary.
- Perform shipment tracking and assist in OS&D and claim resolution.
- Support the reverse logistics process. This includes, but is not limited to, collaboration with Supply Chain RCC Manager, returns consolidation, tech recycling, bales, pallets, vendor consolidation backhauls, and 3rd party backhauls.
- Prepare and perform on-site carrier business reviews and audits.
- Review regular KPI metrics and strategize future growth in order to consistently improve operational processes.
- Conduct site visits of Office Depot distribution centers to develop a functional knowledge of 4-wall inbound/outbound processes.
- Prepare summaries of historical shipment activity to be used in carrier RFP publications conducted by Internal Procurement.
- Collaborate with 3rd party logistics providers functioning as contractors of Office Depot's supply chain.
- Create and communicate delivery schedules to internal and external customers Qualifications:Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with2 to 4 years' experience in Supply Chain/Logistics Other Information:Background in Supply Chain / Logistics / Transportation preferred Knowledge of Oracle and RoadNet a plus. Use of Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) Knowledge of dedicated fleets and carrier rates Strong communication and written skills Strong organization skills Detailed Oriented Ability to analyze data and make recommendations based upon SC knowledge Understanding of field operations, corporate vision and both day-to-day and long term planning Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .