Analyst (2017 Start)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Charles River Associates
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT CHARLES RIVER ASSOCIATES
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex real world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch your career.
All of our practice areas share common themes: conducting sophisticated economic, financial, and strategic analysis; assembling compelling evidence from data and research that support our expert opinions and business recommendations; and working collaboratively with senior-led teams. Each CRA consultant will be assigned to one of our 11 practice areas based on expertise and interest.
Your specific responsibilities may include:
* Developing financial and economic analyses or valuation models to support case theories
* Developing familiarity with data that serves as input to this analysis, including company financial reporting, accounting statements, and social and economic survey data as well as non-financial measures of organizational performance
* Gathering data through interview-based research on behalf of commercial clients, government entities, and industry associations
* Programming, model building, and regression analysis in statistical analysis programs (such as Stata, SAS, R, or Python)
* Ensuring reliability of analysis through quality control review
Analysts have the unique opportunity to learn from, and work alongside, some of the most respected scholars, specialists, and industry experts in the world. You will have access to:
* Internal training programs, including
* A weeklong orientation focused on technical skills along with consulting skills and networking
* A second year multi-day session, focused on creative problem solving, communications, and a chance to compete in CRA s Innovation Tank Challenge
* Quarterly Tech Labs taught by in-house experts and affiliated professors
* Graduate School Workshops, featuring small group Q&A with top admissions officers, to learn about graduate school opportunities
* Extracurricular activities where you can take on a leadership role in recruiting, training, and volunteer activities in the local community.
We are looking for curious, analytical, highly-motivated undergraduates who have majored in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, accounting, physical sciences, or another quantitative discipline. We value knowledge of economic and financial concepts, research experience, quantitative ability, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and a high level of initiative. We expect Analysts to use data to solve client problems, work collaboratively with a team, effectively manage their time and prioritize tasks, and take pride and ownership in their work.
To be considered for this position, we require the following:
* A cover letter please describe your interest in CRA and how the analyst role matches your goals. Also, please describe if you have interest in a particular practice as a result of relevant academic or work experience.
* Resume - please include current address, email, and phone number
* Transcript may be unofficial
Note: Prior to a potential second round interview, you may be asked for a writing sample. If you d like to submit your writing sample now, please choose approximately 5 pages from an existing work (class, thesis, internship, or work environment). We prefer samples that include your commentary on a quantitative analysis.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.