Analyst - Tax 9/3/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze general ledger accounts for capital asset changes and incorporate those changes into the tax depreciation books and records;
- Maintain and monitor PowerTax for the correct application of depreciation method and class life for each asset, ensuring tax benefits are maximized;
- Monitor fixed asset additions for proper bonus depreciation identification;
- Maintain depreciation 'books' for Federal, Non-Conforming State, AMT, E&P, and section 743(b) depreciation in PowerTax for all Energy Transfer entities;
- Prepare fixed asset rollforwards reflecting beginning balances, additions, dispositions and other adjustments for Book, Tax, AMT and ACE; reconcile rollforwards to the financials and federal income tax returns;
- Prepare book to tax depreciation and amortization related M adjustments and the related Form 4562 and Form 4797 for all Energy Transfer tax returns;
- Prepare and maintain the input of fixed asset additions and disposals into the K-1 Reporting System for all MLP entities;
- Identify potential tax repairs; prepare and maintain related work papers for all Energy Transfer entities who have adopted the repair regulations;
- Prepare and maintain capitalized interest calculations for all Energy Transfer entities;
- Prepare and maintain detailed section 263A calculations for all Energy Transfer entities;
- Prepare forecast depreciation and projections on an as needed basis; and
- Assist with special fixed and intangible asset projects as needed.
Required education or minimum level:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related degree preferred; and
- CPA certification or eligibility preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability and responsibility;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Extreme accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications;
- Basic understanding of applicable GAAP and Internal Revenue Code sections that apply to fixed and intangible assets; and
- Strong tax research skills using various tax services and sources such as CCH, RIA, BNA, etc.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required;
- Experience with PowerTax or PowerPlan is desirable;
- Knowledge of corporate or partnership tax preparation software packages (OneSource IT, OneSource IT Express, GoRs, etc.) is desirable; and
- Experience with SAP is desirable.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Driving, walking, standing frequently
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications