This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Verisk Insurance Solutions
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160831-8179-CL
Company Name: Verisk Insurance Solutions
Verisk Insurance Solutions / Underwriting, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK), provides technology rich solutions in Underwriting to the Property & Casualty insurance industry. These advanced analytical solutions address challenging problems related to risk and decision-making in P&C insurance underwriting. We combine vast data resources with cutting-edge technology to create innovative and technically rigorous solutions.
Verisk Analytics, a NASDAQ100 company, is a leading source of information about risk. We offer risk-assessment services and decision analytics to professionals in insurance, healthcare, mortgage, government, risk management, and other fields. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Analytics helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Verisk Analytics and Verisk Insurance Solutions, please visit www.verisk.com and http://www.verisk.com/underwriting/ respectively.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
About the Position
Do you enjoy the challenge of learning complex business systems* Would you enjoy analyzing those systems to help improve or modify it* If so, you may be a great fit for the Analyst position we have available.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Analyst at Quality Planning, a business unit within Verisk Insurance Solutions. The ideal candidate is highly inquisitive, detail oriented, and a systems thinker who will be able to learn our business logic.
They will be responsible for various analytical, implementation, and quality assurance related duties and will learn and apply auto insurance fundamentals. The position will regularly perform ad-hoc analyses to research internal/external inquiries and to identify systemic issues or improvements and help guide strategic decisions using SQL and Excel. The analyst will also support the team by identifying and bridging gaps between our current business processes and our desired state for those processes.
* Analyzing large data sets and making recommendations or identify issues based on findings
* Implementing changes and improvements in our business system by working with our developers and providing requirements
* Performing quality assurance on changes made to systems
* Producing recurring and ad-hoc reports, both internal and customer-facing
* Assisting with some operational functions as needed
* Bachelors Degree with at least 1-5 years of applied experience
- Degree should be in a quantitative field such as Math, Economics, etc. or applicant must have equivalent past work experience
* Knowledge of operations support area such as scheduling, staffing, planning and administration
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience using SQL to extract and analyze data
* Knowledge of relational database concepts
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Detail oriented and well organized
* Familiarity with Hadoop, Cassandra, NoSQL, Solr, navigating SQL stored procedures a plus
* Property/Casualty insurance experience a plus
* Previous experience in a leadership role preferred
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible health and dependent care spending accounts, commute assistance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off (PTO).
To be considered for this position, please provide the following:
1. Cover letter summarizing related experience and expertise
3. Salary history and expectations
4. Professional references
Due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
About the Team:
The work environment at Verisk Insurance Solutions is fast paced, fun, and informal. The work is challenging and rewarding and you will be working with a diverse group of highly professional individuals. We value and recognize excellent work, encourage innovative and creative thinking, yet also emphasize the importance of an appropriate work/life balance. Our team is comprised of professionals with advanced degrees and experience in a variety of disciplines. This creates an exceptional opportunity for collaboration and growth by drawing upon the knowledge and experiences of a truly diverse and highly skilled team.
--Data Analyst, Data Operations
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.