This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 10/21/2017
Washington Real Estate Investment Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
Washington Real Estate Investment Trust is currently seeking talented candidates to join the firm as an Analyst. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and work in the fast-paced commercial real estate industry. The Analyst will be heavily involved in asset/portfolio management functions as well as acquisitions and dispositions. Training on various valuation techniques and finance applications will be taught and a strong learning environment is fostered throughout the organization. General real estate market knowledge will be developed through a variety of sources in addition to exposure to all aspects of the business. The Analyst will thrive in an environment consisting of formal and informal training and will demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn and develop their skills. Other benefits include exposure to underwriting multiple property types through the evaluation of Office, Retail and Multifamily investments. The Analyst will have the ability to establish relationships with the brokerage community and is encouraged to attend industry functions.
Essential Job Duties
* Involved in all facets of the firm's asset management activities
* Underwriting potential property and portfolio investments in multiple asset classes (Office, Multifamily, & Retail) including ground up development
* Debt analysis, financial/operating statement review, lease analysis, corporate finance applications and any other task requiring analytical support
* Contribute to the firm's due diligence efforts on potential investments
* Conduct market research including lease and sale comps, submarket data, and general market conditions
* Assist in development of annual budget for portfolio on a property-by-property basis, including revenue assumptions and expense analysis
* Contribute immediately under the guidance of senior management and other members of the team
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications And Experience
* BA/BS preferably in Finance, Economics, and/or Real Estate, minimum 3.5 GPA
* 0-3 years' related experience
* Experience in helping with underwriting commercial real estate assets preferable
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
* Knowledge of Excel; ARGUS preferable
* Ability to excel in both a team setting and on individual assignments
* Strong verbal, written skills with attention to detail
* Must demonstrate professionalism with the ability to react objectively
* Must be responsive and meet deadlines
* Passion for real estate
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.