Analytical Intern- Summer 2017 9/1/2016
Analytical Intern- Summer 2017
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
The SAS Intern Program will allow you to partner with leadership to work on business-critical projects resulting in an immediate impact to SAS and our customers. You could be contributing code to our industry-leading software or ensuring the quality of our products for our Fortune 100 customers-the sky is the limit! SAS interns also have the opportunity to grow their social and professional network, learn about our award winning culture, interact with senior leadership, and share their contributions with the entire company.
The summer internship will last 10-12 weeks and these specific opportunities will be located in Cary, NC.
We have opportunities for analytical internship roles in the below areas.
Statistics is at the heart of what we do here at SAS. As a Statistics Intern you will be creating test data, test cases, and scenarios to validate the computations using the latest techniques and technologies. If you love crunching numbers and dealing with BIG data, we may have a place for you to spend your summer here at SAS!
Risk Management Internships
SAS Risk Management strikes the right balance between short- and long-term strategies to improve financial performance by building a risk-aware culture throughout the organization. Embedding risk management into everyday processes reduces the time and cost of compliance by ensuring data consistency, transparency and complete traceability. SAS Risk Research and Quantitative Solutions Team is seeking interns to assist with projects such as producing software for a specified area of advanced analytics or advanced analytics-based business. Do you want to spend your summer learning new and advancing technologies on one of the newer and growing teams at SAS* If so, an internship in SAS Risk Research and Quantitative Solutions may be an excellent fit for you!
What are the requirements for the role*
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university seeking a Bachelor s degree (or higher) in a US Based school.
* Programming experience. So you know how to code and stuff.
* Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and/or SharePoint).
* This is a 10-12 week internship where you will actually be a real person so you have to be able to work for all of Summer 2017. Students must not be graduating prior to the beginning of the internship.
What type of skills do we prefer*
* If you know SAS programming (i.e. data step and basic SAS procedures) you re a ROCKSTAR!
* Emails. You have to know how to write them.
* Talking. You have to do it effectively.
* Mistakes. Catch them. If you don t, learn from them.
* Technology. Embrace it.
* Teamwork. With a dash of independence.
* Leadership. You sit in the front row of the class.
* Volunteering. You care about more than just you.
* An interest in technology, specifically in big data analytics.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher. Going to class is #vital.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn