This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/15/2017
University of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Analytics Engineer is an analytics-focused professional responsible for developing and managing analyses for key business areas through the Center for Quality's Clinical Effectiveness Analytics Team.
The engineer analyzes identifies problems to support business objectives by leveraging their expertise of data systems and processes. She/he is develops, executes, manages, and refines the information systems to create a variety of reports for the key business areas and then guides the examination and interpretation of those reports. The engineer supports business objectives through their expertise of data, implementing, and maintaining basic and complex reporting and analytical solutions with a strategic approach for future foreseeable needs and objectives of the business line.
Special attention is required for aesthetics and visualization of data, keeping the end-user and purpose of data messaging a priority. The engineer is an advocate for appropriate transparency and extension of business line data across the enterprise to support the accurate use of this information. The successful candidate must demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities and urgent unplanned priorities.
She/he is a key liaison who will collaborate with interdisciplinary members of the healthcare team, including physicians, nurses, professional allied healthcare workers, support staff and other enterprise analytics teams (e.g. Quality Analytics, Clarity Team, Office of Managed Care), and follow the organizational approach to analytics as articulated by the Data Governance Council.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics/Statistics, or a related field and five years of progressive experience in a similar position required.
o Master's degree or greater in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Mathematics/Statistics, Healthcare administration, Business administration, or a related field preferred.
* Thorough understanding of data management, data organization, and database design
* Ability to work well under deadlines
* Experience with laboratory and hospital information systems (EMRs) and knowledge of laboratory medicine preferred
* Prior experience within an academic medical center desirable
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills required
* Self-motivated, able to plan and organize tasks across multiple projects, and ability to meet and exceed deadlines
* Demonstrated data science knowledge in understanding complex metrics/drivers related to laboratory testing and patient care
* Ability to use analytic software, report generating software, and analyzing/handling large data residing in large relationship databases
* A solid grasp of high-level data and analytical tools is required (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL, Cognos, Crystal Reports, PowerPivot)
* Experience in Cognos 8.x / 10.x: Report Studio, Query Studio, Framework manager, Analysis Studio, and Cognos architecture highly desirable
* Expertise with MS Office required (Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, Access, Word)
* Ability to perform custom analyses with minimal guidance from business teams
* Ability to learn quickly and develop skills as needed
* Detail-oriented and highly organized
The University of Chicago Medicine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.