This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAnalytics Leader Job Summary
Responsible for the leadership of analytics efforts and ensuring alignment of these efforts with the organization s strategy and goals. Works effectively with business leaders at all levels of the organization to increase understanding, adoption, and use of analytics solutions. Selects, coaches, and develops staff in the Analytics Resource Center (ARC), ensuring the appropriate level of analytical capability is available to meet business needs. Partners with business and Information Technology resources to provide quality research and analysis to support organizational needs. Provides thought-leadership on issues related to analytics and its application to Westfield s operations.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides thought leadership in the area of business analytics to influence data-driven and analytics-supported business strategies and insights. Keeps abreast of trends in analytics.
2. Makes strategic recommendations for the long-term analytics scope and priorities to the Group Analytics Leader and other business leaders.
3. Leads the development of the short-term analytics scope and priorities with input from business leaders across the enterprise. Ensures alignment of analytics efforts with the needs and priorities of the organization through effective collaboration with business leaders.
4. Sets priorities for, and ensures successful execution of, analytics research and models/solutions, including planning, requirements/design, solution validation, implementation, and user training. Acts as an interface between business users and technical resources to ensure delivery of research and related analytical models/solutions that meet business needs.
5. Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
6. Selects, acquires, and manages external analytical resources (tools, data, and consultants), when appropriate, to meet analytics needs.
7. Drives adoption and use of analytics through communication, training, and support to business users. Leads the communication and change management related activities for analytics efforts.
8. Serves as a subject matter expert on range of the information, methods, and tools available for use in analytics efforts.
9. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 10 or more years of experience in analytical positions with demonstrated knowledge, independence, and ingenuity. Significant knowledge of the P&C industry is preferred.
2. Proven mentoring and leadership skills, including 5+ years of experience in leading and developing others.
3. Demonstrated analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to distill and communicate technical material to non-technical business users.
5. Proven ability to effectively develop working relationships with top business and technical leaders.
6. Working knowledge and proficiency in the application and use of tools and methods used in business analysis.
7. Proven ability to draw from a range of interests, skills, and experience to evaluate issues from multiple perspectives.
8. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
9. Bachelor s degree with a focus in statistical/mathematical orientation or commensurate experience.
10. Completion of a graduate degree or professional designation requiring intellectual rigor (e.g. MBA; CAS, CFA, or CPA designations) or equivalent work experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as needed.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.