Anatomy & Physiology Instructor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 91027
Job title: EMS Lead Instructor
POSITION SUMMARY: Functions as Lead Instructor for identified courses and cohorts and coordinates programs as assigned. Instructs in all levels of EMS education: courses in the National EMS Education Standards framework, refresher education, and standardized specialty courses.
Are you passionate about teaching and learning? Do you have experience with innovative educational methodologies? Are you team-oriented? Are you open to new and novel approaches? Are you an experienced problem solver?
If you answered Yes! to any of the above, chances are you'll enjoy working here.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Job responsibilities and knowledge
* Develops and revises course content and curriculum as assigned including: objectives, lesson plans, syllabi, evaluation process, and educational tools and ensures that materials meet the National EMS Education Standards.
* Ensures that curricula is current according to national standards and current evidence informed practice
* Designs curriculum across a variety of platforms: traditional face-to-face format; hybrid delivery; online courses; and webinar.
* Develops course materials and posts on course learning platform in identified time frame as appropriate.
* Coordinates Program courses as assigned. Includes the planning, implementation, and evaluation process per Program procedures.
* Presents an appropriate amount of lecture content for each course as mutually established with the Program Manager.
* Provides supervision of skill labs and serves as a lab instructor as needed.
* Maintains accurate records and files of courses, students, and programs.
* Evaluates student progress periodically and provides feedback and counseling on a regular basis. Documents problems as they arise.
* Ensures that students are effectively evaluated in all three domains (cognitive, psychomotor, and affective) and feedback is provided to students on a frequent basis.
* Participates in the item development, revision, and analysis process to meet accreditation standards.
* Reviews all student evaluation forms and student patient care reports and provides students with appropriate feedback.
* Maintains contact with clinical affiliation sites and preceptors with each class in conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator as appropriate.
* Supervises students in the clinical areas as scheduled in conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator as appropriate.
* Provides limited amount of tutoring as requested.
* Teaches in other education programs as requested.
* Maintains examination security through monitoring all exams and securing evaluation tools under lock and key (or electronic equivalent).
* Remains current with: State and local EMS requirements; accreditation requirements; and policies, and procedures.
* Maintains Instructor status for standardized courses as mutually agreed upon.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within the organization based on experience and feedback obtained during the year.
* Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when dealing with issues identified.
* Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely manner.
* Interacts positively with staff members, agency personnel, and students.
* Serves as an ambassador for all programs.
* Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding patient and agency personnel information.
* Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
* Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency; implements resource management strategies.
* Participates in the maintenance of Program equipment and supplies.
* Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as necessary to expedite Program needs.
* Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
* Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
* Cooperates with intradepartmental problem identification and solutions.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
* Ability to develop and deliver educational presentations applying principles of adult learning.
* Ability to develop products across a variety of platforms: traditional delivery, use of learning management systems, and webinars.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external parties.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information gained as result of job functions.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
BA/BS preferred; AA/AS required
* AHA BLS provider required instructor preferred
* AHA ACLS provider required instructor preferred
* AHA PALS provider required instructor preferred
* NAEMT PHTLS provider required instructor preferred
* NAEMT AMLS provider or instructor preferred
* Completion of an approved Instructor course preferred
* Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a field/clinical setting as Paramedic or emergency nurse
* Documented teaching experience
* Experience in supervision of instructional staff preferred.
* EMS educational program development to include learner centered lessons in accordance with national/state certification/recertification curricula, and evaluation systems preferred
Licensure/certification: Certified Paramedic or Licensed Registered Nurse
* NREMT certification preferred.
* Completion of an approved Instructor course preferred
1 If gaining Oregon licensure through reciprocity NREMT Certification is required.
Physical demands/working conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in a variety of settings to include field; emergency department and office environment. Work may be stressful at times.