Aon Campus - Catastrophe Risk Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A CATASTROPHE RISK ANALYST
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our reinsurance business group within Aon Benfield in Bloomington, MN.
This role falls under Aon s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
YOUR IMPACT AS A CATASTROPHE RISK ANALYST
As part of the Catastrophe Management team, you will be an integral support role in assisting Aon Benfield brokers with risk assessment and risk management consulting for Aon Benfield clients
* Run catastrophe modeling software for client and prospect portfolio risk analyses
* Prepare property insurance policy data for catastrophe risk analysis using Microsoft Access, SQL Query Analyzer and other data conversion tools
* Use proprietary software to design and manage catastrophe reinsurance programs
* Respond to brokers, clients, and reinsurers on issues and questions relating to risk analysis for natural and manmade catastrophes
* Provide real-time loss estimates of actual catastrophic events around the world
* Prepare and send catastrophe risk assessment data to reinsurers and participate in reinsurance market calls
* Assist clients in the understanding of catastrophe risks, sensitivity studies, and added analytics based on catastrophe model results
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
FUTURE CAREER OPPORTUNITY: BROKER TRANSITION ROLE:
For those catastrophe risk analysts who demonstrate aptitude in their client work and earn the support of their team leader, additional opportunities may become available to work in an expanded role with clients through a transition to the broking team. This position combines the analytical expertise gained during the tenure with the catastrophe management team with new skills in evaluating and negotiating reinsurance options for our clients.
As a broker, colleagues will take on new duties as a junior team member on various client accounts. This role is immediately client-facing and requires strong communication skills, as well as the ability and interest to develop comprehensive reinsurance market and industry knowledge. Candidates should be prepared to learn and work in a multitude of lines of business, including property, professional liability, and workers compensation, amongst others.
In addition, a broker must be comfortable adapting to a quickly-changing environment and working independently with little supervision or formal structure while balancing multiple tasks simultaneously. Professionalism is essential for frequent communication with high-level executives and decision-makers at clients and reinsurance providers. Over time, there may be opportunities for travel to client and reinsurer meetings.
* Practical experience with data analysis/clean up/validation whether in a work or academic setting.
* Proven analytical skills. Prior analytical and problem solving experience from academic and/or business environment
* Working knowledge of Microsoft products, with intermediate proficiency in Excel, and working knowledge of Access strongly preferred. SQL experience a definite plus.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate well with others externally and internally. Well-rounded communication skills and ability to interact with variety of audiences.
* Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple assignments, work well with minimal supervision and meet deadlines in a timely manner
* Ability to think strategically and analytically as well as work independently and take initiative.
* Potential for temporary or permanent relocation to other Aon Benfield offices.
* Relevant work/ internship experience.
* Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) in Economics, Finance, Math or other similarly quantitative or analytically oriented major preferred or equivalent experience.
APPLICANTS FOR THIS ROLE, WHICH IS PART OF THE LAUNCH PROGRAM, MUST GRADUATE BETWEEN DECEMBER 2016 JUNE 2017 AND HAVE A GPA OF 3.0 OR ABOVE.
The Launch Program was established to coach and develop future business leaders, this program launches the Aon careers of our campus hires in various full-time positions across the company. The Launch training curriculum prepares participants for success as they build relationships and explore growth opportunities throughout the organization.
The 12-month development program begins every summer with a three-day kickoff orientation at our North America headquarters in Chicago. Launch colleagues are positioned to tackle real business challenges in a collaborative environment through work assignments under the mentorship of senior leaders.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
ABOUT AON BENFIELD:
Aon Benfield is a division of Aon plc, is the world s leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalized access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world s markets, and an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics. Our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420246
CATEGORY: Analytics Group
LOCATION: United States,