Aon Campus - Human Resouces Apprenticeship - Chicago
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For a Human Resources Apprentice
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon, in Chicago beginning January 9, 2017.
Aon s Human Resources function provides critical business support services. Our corporate functions support our network of colleagues in their pursuit of providing client value through integrating customized services, leveraging expertise across industries and applying business knowledge to the strategic goals of our clients and colleagues. As one of our Human Resources Apprentices, you ll get to play an increasingly influential role.
YOUR IMPACT AS A HUMAN RESOURCES APPRENTICE
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Colleagues will be assigned specific responsibilities and performance objectives with their direct manager(s). Work assignments may be available in a variety of HR functions including Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion and Total Rewards. Duties may include:
* Support the delivery of HR transactional service activities
* Attend and contribute to regularly scheduled meetings and team building activities. In many cases, this includes preparing materials for these meetings
* Carry out administrative tasks contributing to serving business operation needs
* Input data accurately to maintain management information
* Partner with other Aon colleagues within HR and the business, assist them where needed
* Follow set procedures to ensure adherence to the company s risk and compliance policies
* Identify and implementation of improvements in work environment
* Prioritize, organize and plan work to meet objectives
* Use various computer based systems to conduct work internally and externally on a daily basis
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
SUGGESTED EXPERIENCE: This role is ideal for candidates looking for their first role in a corporate setting. Candidates with experience may not benefit from the development opportunities being presented. We are looking for candidates who:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* True understanding of the value of customer service
* Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organizing
* Desire to build on your basic understanding of insurance and progress your career quickly
* Intermediate computer skills, experience using MS Office Software
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Effective working in a team environment
* Attention to detail
* Problem solving skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Enrolled and fully accepted as a student at Harold Washington College by program start in January 2017
AON S APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
This role falls under Aon s Apprenticeship Program. Aon s two-year Apprenticeship program that balances on-the-job learning at Aon and classroom learning at a two-year accredited college in order to successfully achieve the Department of Labors Certified Insurance Apprentice status and an Associate s Degree at completion of the program. Everything we do at Aon is built around delivering client value. As an Apprentice, that s precisely what you ll deliver. Your role will focus on client service administration, supporting the broking and client management activities of more senior team members.
Prepare to make an immediate impact as you demonstrate your passion for customer service. You ll quickly learn about our business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. In return, on top of your salary and benefits, Aon will support you with time and tuition to continue your education through Harold Washington College.
Apprentices are expected to maintain passing grades and meet all Aon performance standards at meets expectation levels throughout the duration of the program. Program begins at Aon with a start date of January 9, 2017.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420912
CATEGORY: Business Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Chicago