Aon Campus - Systems Configuration Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
The Woodlands, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A SYSTEMS CONFIGURATION SPECIALIST
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Human Resources Outsourcing business group within Aon Hewitt.
This role falls under Aon s early career development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into, the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits.
YOUR IMPACT AS A SYSTEMS CONFIGURATION SPECIALIST
The Systems Configuration Specialist (SCS) is responsible for configuring and testing Aon Hewitt s proprietary Total Benefit Administration (TBA) System based on analysis documents of client requirements. SCSs will have a unique opportunity early in their careers to interact directly with our clients employees. This experience allows our SCSs to build a strong line of sight to the end user experience. Additional responsibilities will be included in the onboarding program to build additional skills in ongoing operations management, project management, and vendor management.
* Configures the Total Benefits Administration System for new client project requests based upon complete requirements
* Problem solves systematic issues by analyzing the TBA System to determine gaps in functionality compared to client requirements
* Collaborates with other Aon colleagues to ensure successful project completion
* Demonstrates quality assurance fundamentals by executing test plans to ensure client requirements meet systematic specifications
* Provides creative solutions to continuously improve and optimize client delivery
* Develops queries using Structured Query Language (SQL) to solve client issues
* Leverages basic relational database concepts to increase mastery of technology solutioning
* Emphasizes the use of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and associated methodologies from all colleagues
* Manages own work and communicates status to team
* Opportunity to oversee and coach others with regards to a specific process or processes
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES DURING ONBOARDING:
As a part of the unique onboarding experience noted above, SCSs will have additional responsibilities in supporting client delivery.
* Interacts with client employees directly via phone or web chat to respond to HR or benefits inquiries
* Manages employee issues end to end (i.e. discuss the issue via phone, resolve the issue, then discuss resolution with the employee)
* Performs participant interaction analysis
* Identifies and performs root cause analysis on issues employees are experiencing
* Resolves cases created for employees
* Resolves system edits on employee accounts
* Interacts with clients and vendors (i.e. provide issue summaries, discuss changes in file transmission to a vendor)
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Previous internship(s) experience preferred
* Ability to learn and apply new skills
* Strong attention to detail and execution
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
* Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
* MS Office working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to navigate and learn multiple systems
* Ability to problem solve and drive to root cause
* Bachelor s degree with a preferred focus (major or minor) in an analytical area of study, including but not limited to Management Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Analytics
APPLICANTS FOR THIS ROLE, WHICH IS PART OF THE LAUNCH PROGRAM, MUST GRADUATE BETWEEN DECEMBER 2016 JUNE 2017 AND HAVE A GPA OF 3.0 OR ABOVE.
The Launch program was established to coach and develop future business leaders, this program launches the Aon careers of our campus hires in various full-time positions across the company. The Launch training curriculum prepares participants for success as they build relationships and explore growth opportunities throughout the organization.
The 12-month development program begins every summer with a three-day kickoff orientation at our North America headquarters in Chicago. Launch colleagues are positioned to tackle real business challenges in a collaborative environment through work assignments under the mentorship of senior leaders.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420311
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, TX, The Woodlands