Aon Campus - Technology Apprenticeship - Chicago
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For a Technology Apprentice
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon, in Chicago beginning January 9, 2017.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. We support our business in gaining expertise in the business units they support as well as an understanding of IT systems and capabilities. As a member of the Site Services Team, the Apprentice-Technology role is responsible for maintenance and support of the standard hardware/software technology in use at the firm. Effective support of our technology is critical to ensuring productivity of associates as they work to serve our external clients; as one of our Technology Apprentices, you ll get to play an increasingly influential role.
YOUR IMPACT AS A TECHNOLOGY APPRENTICE
* Responsible for new hire laptop setups
* Performs basic PC and peripheral repairs
* Assists with incident ticketing processes: responds to assigned tickets (routine and urgent) within the timeframe specified by the current IS service level agreement and works issues through to resolution
* Maintains appropriate documentation within the Incident system as determined through periodic ticket quality reviews
* Responsible for basic printer and network connectivity troubleshooting
* Performs basic software installation processes
* Responsible for training room setup and support for audio/videoconferencing needs
* Assists with project management coordination as needed
* Responsible for learning and utilizing new services and products or changes to existing services
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
SUGGESTED EXPERIENCE: This role is ideal for candidates looking for their first role in a corporate setting. Candidates with experience may not benefit from the development opportunities being presented. We are looking for candidates who:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* True understanding of the value of customer service
* Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organizing
* Intermediate computer skills, experience using MS Office Software
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Effective working in a team environment
* Attention to detail
* Problem solving skills
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Enrolled and fully accepted as a student at Harold Washington College by program start in January 2017
AON S APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
This role falls under Aon s Apprenticeship Program. Aon s two-year Apprenticeship program that balances on-the-job learning at Aon and classroom learning at a two-year accredited college in order to successfully achieve the Department of Labors Certified Insurance Apprentice status and an Associate s Degree at completion of the program. Everything we do at Aon is built around delivering client value. As an Apprentice, that s precisely what you ll deliver.
Prepare to make an immediate impact as you demonstrate your passion for customer service. You ll quickly learn about our business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. In return, on top of your salary and benefits, Aon will support you with time and tuition to continue your education through Harold Washington College.
Apprentices are expected to maintain passing grades and meet all Aon performance standards at meets expectation levels throughout the duration of the program. Program begins at Aon with a start date of January 9, 2017.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420913
CATEGORY: Business Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Chicago