Apex Research Application Analyst - IT-Financial Applications and Analytics (CLIN APPLICATIONS PROFL 3) 9/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Apex Research Application Analyst - IT-Financial Applications and Analytics (CLIN APPLICATIONS PROFL 3)
Finance & I.T.
40 ; 100%
IT-Financial Applications and
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The APeX Research Application Analyst functions as the primary support contact and expert for the research applications. They work under the direction of the Research Team Lead to configure, build & install the application. They participate in all issues that arise for Clinical Research systems, including integration between APeX and other Research applications, such as OnCore. Key operational activities include primary responsibility to analyze work flows and understand policies, procedures and constraints of the clinical/business/research operations supported by the application. In depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational specifications and application functionality is required.
Key technical activities include the analysis of new releases to determine how workflow should be modified, building and populating databases and tables during initial system configuration, conducting system testing and conversion data validation. The application analyst develops and documents internal procedures and establishes change control processes for the application.
The APeX Research Application Analyst serves as a contact for all ApeX Clinical Research issues. They also develop user training aids and train end users in workflow and use of the application. They troubleshoot problems and questions from end-users during training, go-live, stabilization and on-going support (7x24). Successful candidates are skilled communicators who made decisions independently and in collaboration with others up and down the project structure. Attention to detail is a critical skill for this position. Successful candidates enjoy helping other users to learn and adopt to use of the application.
The APeX Research Application Analyst must achieve certification and support one or more of the following APeX applications:
* Research-Clinical and Financial Tracks
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
LIVING PRIDE STANDARDS
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
* College level degree or equivalent healthcare operations and/or application work experience
* Successful completion of required Epic research training and achieving certification (one or more) in order to retain position within one year of accepting position
* Excellent logic, verbal and math skills
* High functioning team skills, including active listening, rapport building, effective written & verbal communication, receiving and delegating work assignments and escalating and resolving problems
* Available for 7X24 application support, when required
* This position requires the flexibility to orient and work in all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Academic medical center experience
* Clinical Research Coordinator experience at an Academic Medical Center
* Years of combined Epic and Clinical Research Coordinator Experience
* Application Analyst: 2-4 years or more
* Epic certification in one or more applications
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page