This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DESCRIPTION
* Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
* Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* 6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters
* Monitor and manage application availability and performance.
* Resolve technical issues involving application configuration. This may include working directly with end-users.
* Deploy applications and services related to password updates, application and operating system provisioning, encryption and monitoring.
* Migrate contents from development to test to production farm.
* Patch servers with hotfixes, cumulative updates and service packs.
* Minimum of 1.5 years of experience administering and supporting applications, at least 4 years of overall ITexperience.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in WindowsServer 2003/2008/2012
* Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, Kerberos, Claims Authentication, Encryption/Anti-Virus, Windows 10 Enterprise, and VMWare virtualization technologies.
* Familiarity with Microsoft SQLServer 2008/2012. Hands-on DBA experience is a plus.
* Familiarity with PowerShell and Java scripts.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with customer services, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.