Application Analyst / Programmer 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position: Application Analyst/Programmer
Location: Albany, NY
Duration: 2 years
Client is looking for a candidate to take on some backend programming tasks. Candidate will do mainly database programming but there is some web programming as well. Client's ERP is Ellucian Banner so Banner experience is a plus but not necessary. Candidate will do application and web implementation, development, and maintenance.
Skillsets/knowledge of tools desired include: PL-SQL,SQR, Java, Toad, Oracle, Groovy, etc.
* Interact with users to identify business needs and/or problems and propose effective technological solutions. Implement solutions to solve/meet user needs and/or business problems.
* Assist users with software tools and technology and to understand their data and data flow.
3. System maintenance: Monitor production process and exception Processing initiated by user or system
4. Develop, code, test and debug new software or enhancements to existing software as well as all related design, development and maintenance of databases
5. Analyze systemsoftware releases from vendors and software configuration changes to determine effects on existing operations
6. Develop and maintain re-usable middleware solutions and sustainable native web applications
7. Collaborate with fellow employees to research and provide technical services and solutions to clients.
8. Participate in upgrades to enterprise and administrative applications, including planning, analysis, testing, interface updates and verification.
9. Prepare and/or maintain systems, programming, operations and user documentation, procedures and methods.
10. Identify and analyze new technology appropriate to meet business needs.
11. Maintain appropriate practices to ensure confidentially and security of data, especially with regard to mandated requirements (i.e. HIPAA, PCI, etc.).