This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Valley Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
APPLICATION ANALYST THE VALLEY HEALTH SYSTEM CURRENTLY HAS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR AN APPLICATION ANALYST WITH EXPERIENCE IMPLEMENTING AND/OR SUPPORTING PHYSICIAN PRACTICE CLINICAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS. THIS POSITION PROVIDES INSTALLATION AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT FOR CLINICAL APPLICATIONS BEING UTILIZED AND IMPLEMENTED THROUGHOUT THE VALLEY MEDICAL GROUP. THE CANDIDATE NEEDS TO HAVE STRONG PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS PREFERABLY IN AN AMBULATORY SETTING.
* Position Summary:
* Under direction of Information Systems Management, is responsible for the effective development, operation and utilization of hospital computer systems.
* DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
* Works with management staff and users to identify, analyze and prioritize needs and requirements. Designs, develops and implements solutions to meet same.
* Evaluates and prioritizes requests for system enhancements and provides timetables for completion. Ensures all such requests are completed within established time frames.
* Interacts with end users to monitor systems utilization. Designs, develops and implements system improvements as necessary to maintain maximum utilization.
* Performs hardware and software installation, validation, configuration and troubleshooting.
* Conducts end user orientation and training for the understanding and operation of computer systems.
* Establishes and maintains complete and detailed system development and maintenance documentation.
* Creates and maintains user guides and documentation, operating manuals and reference manuals.
* Maintains complete and detailed activity logs, including history of end user interactions, needs assessments, modifications, troubleshooting, error corrections and upgrades.
* Acts as a liaison with computer vendors when required by management.
* Provides regular status reports to management.
* Keeps the Director and other I.S. management staff updated on project progress and key issues, communicating significant developments and maintaining a * - no surprises * - mode. Responds to inquiries regarding status or details of projects. Consults with management to obtain guidance and final decision approvals on significant decisions.
* Ensures that other departments involved in projects are communicated with effectively. Meets with user representatives to ensure their requirements are reflected in each project s scope.
* Assists in the coordination of work being done by consultants and vendors. Keeps records of meetings and work performed.
* Provides on-call coverage on a scheduled basis, in emergency situations and when requested by Information Systems management.
* Remains abreast of current and emerging technologies in the field of information systems.
* Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all co-workers. Responds to customers of all age groups in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner while maintaining confidentiality. Promotes mutual respect and professionalism. Partners with team members to meet the needs of the customer.
* Participates in the hospital s performance improvement process to continuously improve the quality of patient care and service delivery.
* Complies with all department and institutional policies and procedures.
* Participates in development of integrated project plans, implementation schedules, and cost estimates for applicable projects.
* Participates in multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity, helping ensure that all work is accomplished efficiently and in accordance with project expectations.
* Reviews internal documentation requirements for projects. Participates in the creation and maintenance of user guides, documentation, operating manuals and reference manuals. Presents documentation to management for review and approval. Ensures that all documentation meets department standards and is properly cataloged in the document management system.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Lead Analyst Additional Responsibilities:
* Acts as the * - lead * - Analyst for departments supported by more than one Analyst. Serves as the primary contact person coordinating the activities of all Analysts supporting that department. If the other Analysts also support additional departments, the Lead Analyst is only responsible for those activities that are related to the Lead Analyst s department.
* Meets with Information Systems management to discuss the status of the departments covered in the Lead role. Is aware of the current status of all work pending for the covered department. Attends all such meetings fully prepared and with appropriate meeting materials.
* Communicates effectively with other Analysts in the Lead group.
* Communicates priority changes to Information Systems management, department management and other Analysts in the Lead group.
* Responsible for monitoring and facilitating all work orders and help desk calls for the departments covered in the Lead role. This includes preparing documentation for meetings, status reports and responding to individual requests.
* Acts as the primary liaison with the covered department management and staff with respect to coordinating activities.
* Ensures that proper coverage for the departments is maintained. Communicates with Information Systems management if work is not proceeding as expected.
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor s degree in computer science or equivalent field of study, or relevant equivalent work related education/experience required.
* Four to six years experience with computer systems, local area networks, database management systems, mini and microcomputers.
* Extensive experience in conducting problem analysis, feasibility studies, system design and implementation.
* PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS:
* Master s degree preferred.
* Working knowledge of hospital operations preferred.
Valley is an equal opportunity employer. Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, liability for military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.