Application Analyst | Healthcare
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT CEDARS-SINAI
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is located in Los Angeles, California. Our dedicated professionals bring everything they have to provide the highest quality patient care to the communities they serve in the greater Los Angeles metro area. As an employee within the Cedars-Sinai Medical Network, you can expect the same high-performance standards, culture and collaboration that you would expect from the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Application Analyst (Data Management) is responsible for data preparation, analysis, transmission, validation and scheduling to support various projects and processes for the Healthcare Solutions team. This position will support the data exchange and presentation of data in various formats. The position provides services to various clients both internal and external. The Application Analyst acts as a technical liaison for staff and vendors to address data transfer, format and interpretation requests both adhoc and routine scheduled. This position also performs data analysis and monitors data updates for quality to ensure the reliability of data.
WHY CEDARS SINAI
Exceptionally developed skills, a dedication to excellence and a desire to transcend the ordinary. This is the source of true art. It is also the foundation for the world-class healthcare provided at Cedars-Sinai. If you want to be your best, you owe it to yourself to work with the best. You'll have that opportunity when you work at Cedars-Sinai Medical Network.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Sending and receiving of data using various tools, from various sources on a routine and ad hoc basis
* Interpreting specifications and formatting data to meet those specifications
* Development of schedules to support routine data transfers
* Automation of workflows thru scripting tools
* Building and query Access databases to meet specific needs
* Develop small web based .net applications to support data viewing and modification
* Manipulate data thru editors and queries utilizing techniques and tools
* Communicate with clients and provide status updates via email in a timely and effective way in order to meet set goals
* Analyze and solve reported issues
* Quickly assess client, data and system issues
* Perform work in a proactive and self-directed way, utilizing good time management, and decision-making, critical thinking and organization skills
* Perform work under strict timelines and deliverable dates
* Serve as the main point of contact for the assigned data and application related duties
* Validate and ensure accuracy and quality of work performed
* Document existing and new workflows
* Other duties as assigned by the Director or other Senior Management
* Bachelors' degree, or equivalent education and experience in a technical or health care environment
* Two years' experience within a professional business environment
* Experience with PC based file transfer tools, editors and security.
* Knowledge of PC based software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access)
* Basic keyboard and data entry skills
* Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
* Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities
* Skilled in various data manipulation techniques and tools, including text editors, Excel and Access
* Skilled in various automation tools such as WinAutomation, FTP schedulers etc
* Experience working in a Windows server environment where assigned process tasks would be running
* Experience with .net development tools
* A basic level of proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word and common Windows operating systems, and Outlook) is required
* Microsoft Excel and Access knowledge and experience is required
* Basic problem solving and troubleshooting skills are essential
* Good knowledge of file transfer protocols is essential
* Good analytical skills and the ability to quickly assess client, data and systems issues as well as research and investigate technical issues is required
* The ability to be proactive and self-directed utilizing good time management, decision-making, critical thinking and organization skills is required
* Ability to work on strict timelines and deliverable dates
* Ability to clearly document existing and new workflows