This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a Application Architect to work on our client's key Product Development related applications. Must look across the global delivery teams to ensure consistent alignment of technical solutions with the business goals and objectives in mind. The architect provides industry leading technical direction and guidance to various project teams to ensure appropriate and cost effective application of approved technologies. Further, the architect ensures appropriate and effective data integration across our multiple applications.
* Provide direction and guidance to the delivery teams regarding
* Incorporation of and/or adherence to corporate standards in terms of design, application requirements and maintenance/supportability
* Proper implementation of the scalability and performance aspects of the application
* Technical guidance in software design and development
* Training and mentoring of other team members (as needed)
* Identification and adoption of the most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements
* Assist the global delivery teams to help guarantee ongoing and consistent alignment of the technical solution as it is being iteratively developed
* Assist with implementation of a continuous delivery mindset and associated processes
* Conduct new technology research and complete technical spikes to identify new solutions and/or evaluate feasibility of a solution within our domain
* Recommend new technologies that align with quality and productivity goals
* Ensure that designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security
* Assist with enabling delivery activities including updating install scripts, assisting with tooling, building custom tools when needed, developing APIs, etc.
* Coordinate across development teams to make sure the technologies being used are interconnected and working together smoothly
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in design and development of Java based web applications, with progressively expanding responsibilities in designing a solution and developing an application in an iterative environment
* Application development tools and processes
* Analyzing and troubleshooting issues
* Improving the performance of existing programs
* Evaluating the application, network and associated systems to ensure all procedures are running correctly
* Integrating processes and tools into a comprehensive and continuous delivery platform
* Test driven development and/or behavior driven development
* Clean coding principles
* Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements
* Working knowledge of our delivery tool set including EclipseLink, AngularJS, Liberty Profile, Cucumber, Gradle, Jenkins, Git
* Coaching and mentoring experience
* Provide guidance and mentoring to development staff (developers and testers)
* Implement and enforce code quality processes and tools
* Excellent team player with strong communication skills
* Ability to handle stress and tight deadlines well
* Self-starter, ability to work independently
* Strong organizational and documentation skills
* Ability to work across very diverse sets of delivery and support personnel
**Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.