Application Architect - IS-Application Technology (1.0 FTE, Days) 8/9/2016
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1.0 FTE, 8 Hour Day Shifts
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford is the heart and soul of Stanford Children s Health. Nationally ranked and internationally recognized, our 311-bed hospital is devoted entirely to pediatrics and obstetrics. Our six centers of excellence provide comprehensive services and deep expertise in key obstetric and pediatric areas: brain & behavior, cancer, heart, pregnancy & newborn, pulmonary and transplant. We also provide an additional, wide range of services for babies, kids and pregnant moms.
The Application Architect (PA) is primarily responsible for consistent system application integration across the organization for enterprise-wide clinical information systems. The architect works closely with the Application Manager and the Application Team Leads in coordinating all design and implementation activities to comply with the system architecture plan. Responsibilities include monitoring code quality, developing change control procedures, triaging and tracking issues to resolution. The architect works as a liaison to team members on tactical product/application issues and provides expert system knowledge. The role also includes mentoring and coaching of team members with regard to technical and system integration.
* Functions as the primary resource for the management of the training environment; working closely with the training team to address system needs.
* Manages access to RHO support environment and cerner.com.
* Oversees the installation and validation of code changes in internal testing environments; communicates system changes to business owners; coordinates system outages with key stake holders; follows change control process.
* Oversees the Prod Support system change management process.
* Reviews Cerner issued changes which include global changes impacting RHO environment, communication of critical issues, and communication of corresponding corrections.
* Serves as the primary point of contact for the Cerner Solution Works team to get authorization for code changes.
* Works closely with Sr. Architects to assist with system configuration changes, performance metrics review.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
* Assists in assessing, and troubleshooting complex application issues.
* Excellent communication skills , both written and verbal.
* Functions as a technical consultant.
* Provides expert domain knowledge to all team members.
* Technical experience with integration of clinical applications.
* Technical issue management skills.
Lucile Packard Children s Hospital Stanford Strongly Values Diversity And Is Committed To Equal Opportunity And Non-discrimination In All Of Its Policies And Practices, Including The Area Of Employment. Accordingly, LPCH Does Not Discriminate Against Any Person On The Basis Of Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation Or Identity, Religion, Age, National Or Ethnic Origin, Political Beliefs, Marital Status, Medical Condition, Genetic Information, Veteran Status, Or Disability. Women And Men, Members Of All Racial And Ethnic Groups, People With Disabilities, And Veterans Are Encouraged To Apply.