This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: APPLICATION ARCHITECT LEAD
LOCATION: TORRANCE, CA
DURATION: 1 YEAR
* Has to have strong hands-on application technical and architecture knowledge including infrastructure and integration experience as this person will be involved in a project that seeks to integrate dozens of impacted systems as part of a coordinated effort. This person needs to be proactive with a high learning agility.
* Ideally we would like someone that could provide understanding of Auto Finance Industry Standards.
* In addition, we need someone with strong communication skills as they will be working with various groups at technical and functional levels. This person will also provide supervision over other Application Architects assigned to the project.
* Success in this role requires in-depth knowledge and hands-on technical skills, with strong leadership, development management and communication skills. The ability to work effectively within BTS, various vendors and business teams, and a large cross-functional project teams to develop solutions that meet technology standards and business needs is required.
EXAMPLES OF KEY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
* Make recommendations and propose system solutions to meet business requirements.
* Design the data and technical system changes.
* Oversee development of data and technical changes, and validate and implement the data and technical changes provided by the vendor.
* Act as liaison with the vendors, development teams and business users to create and finalize end-to-end technical solutions.
* Supervise the creation of operation support manuals and helpdesk documentation for production systems.
* Update system documentation as changes/enhancements are deployed to ensure accuracy, or supervise other technical resources in this role.
* Experience in architecture/design/development of desktop and web applications using Java, .NET, Oracle, SQL Server technologies
* Knowledge in web service/ETL integration architecture/design using tools like Informatica, TIBCO
* Experience in system/infrastructure architecture for applications
* Experience in evaluating business requirements and designing/developing solutions
* Experience in using software design/architecture documentation tools SystemArchitect, Visio etc.
* Knowledge and adaptation of software configuration, change, release and service management processes
* Experience in working with cross functional application and business teams
* Experience in creating technical work break down structure, release and implementation plans
* Ability to research and document existing application architecture
* Mastery of client/server and distributed applications, project life cycle, and the basics of technical operations (networks, data center, database, integration, and migration activities)
* Development Methodology - has mastered, and understands common development models including waterfall and agile processes
* Mastery of unit testing, software change management, software release management
* 4 years' experience writing software derived from use cases
* Some Enterprise Architecture experience desired
* Architecture lifecycle development methodologies
* Performance Architecture including root cause analysis, problem management and performance tuning
* Understands Systems engineering techniques (i.e., portfolio analysis, analysis of alternatives, architecture modeling)
* Capable of performing Lifecycle cost analysis
* Is proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ensure development activities are delivered with quality, are on-time and within budget
* Understand current and future BTS technical offerings, and identify appropriate fits or alignment for these offerings.
* Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
* Maintain focus on key strategic and/or project priorities despite conflicting demands.
* Serve as an agent for innovation not only for applications, but also for delivery issues and incidents.
* Understand business requirements for development activities
* Ensure business needs are clearly understood, documented and communicated.
* Leverage thorough understanding of business process and system processes to make recommendations and propose technical/non-technical solutions to meet business requirements
* Participate in business requirements gathering sessions with the business owners and key technical resources
* Translate the business and user requirements into systemrequirements.
* Hands-on Participation in all development activities.
* Own the technical solution by leading and participating in Develop/Design/Improve/Document Database Models/Design/Programs, Informatica jobs/programs, Unix/Autosys jobs/programs, and Finance/Risk specific technologies
* Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
* Coordinate architecture and development walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that software solutions and designs accurately reflect and satisfy business needs.
* Ensure design and construction meet quality standards and that the testing and operational readiness tasks are conducted and produce quality results.
Operational and Program Level Support
* Provide technical guidance and support to the user community proactively and as requested.
* Ensure that proactive, adaptive, corrective, and preventive changes conducted by outsourced service provider are functionally sound and consistent with business needs
* Ensure cross-team impacts and dependencies of production activities have been addressed by outsourced service provider
* Assist functional manager in outsourced service provider oversight, SLA tracking, and Scorecard reporting
* Provide subject matter expertise to support provider as needed. Ensure that business practices are represented inn support scripts and incident management activities
* Proactively identify and suggest improvement areas for Operation Support
* Function as point of escalation between the business customers and maintenance team, as well as with BTS Technical Operations /Application Support, BTS Architecture/COE teams, and other and Technology teams
* Communicate response and resolution to application issues such as outages and performance degradation to business stakeholder and user community
* Oversee deliverables of other assigned App Archs, to ensure quality and completeness.