Application DBA - Oracle & SQL Server 8/20/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SANTA ANA, CA
* Specify, create, and maintain database instances in Development, Testing, UAT, and Production environments.
* This includes consistency with standards, security, data models and backup strategy for the database.
* Create, review, and maintain database objects (including the physical data model).
* Facilitate the migration of database objects from Development to UAT/Production.
* Recommend and review database architecture best practices and standards.
* Assist in the development of less experienced DBAs.
* Works closely with systems administrators and operators.
* Has frequent interaction with application development staff.
* Ensures database reliability and performance.
* Configure, create, and troubleshoot all SQL Server components.
* Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience.
* Four additional years of experience may considered in lieu of a degree.
* SQL Server
* Experience developing Crystal Reports and SSRS using both Oracle and SSRS
* SharePoint Administration w/ document workflow experience
* Business Object and Business Intelligence (BI)
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Proficient SQL scripting skills including stored procedure, functions, and ddl
* Mid-level knowledge of Windows O/S systems administration tasks
* Mid-level knowledge of Hardware in general, and hardware knowledge as it pertains to SQL Server installations
* Strong database management skills including backup and recovery best practices in a high-availability environment.
* Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance
* Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
* Strong skills in maintenance tools and best practices processes.
* Ability to work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise