Application Delivery Consultant 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The F5 Professional Services group provides a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to help customers architect, implement, maintain, and optimize their IT infrastructure with F5 products. As an Application Delivery Consultant you can help F5's premier customers improve application delivery, access, security, and data management for their infrastructure.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
The F5 Application Delivery Consultant is an innovative engineer working in partnership with our clients, advising them how to use F5 ADC solutions in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. They are thought leaders in the role, providing strategic guidance and subject matter expertise to customers with regard to implementation and configuration of the core F5 BIG-IP products. THE GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE AREA FOR THIS POSITION IS THE GREATER WASHINGTON, D.C. AREA. _THE ADC WILL BE WORKING WITH FEDERAL CONTRACTS AND THEREFORE MUST HAVE A TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE (TS/SCI)._
The F5 Consultant is the face of F5 while engaged on customer projects and are key contributors in fostering a positive relationship between customers and F5 through effective communication and successful delivery of the solutions. They understand and communicate goals and critical success factors for the project; have a dialog on ideas persuasively and pace the communications properly.
* Provides technical guidance to customer onsite and/or remotely regarding the implementation, configuration and maintenance of the F5 BIG-IP core products independently or with a team
* Performs as project lead and/or key contributor for systems architecture, solution design, deployment, testing, problem identification, troubleshooting and documentation
* Performs basic project management duties such as projects status update reports, time tracking and expectation management for the delivery of work product and associated risks
* Manages customer interaction and engagement over the course of the assigned projects
* Maintains working proficiency in F5 products and technologies through self-directed and formal training
* Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
* Engages with multiple F5 teams including but not limited to F5 Support, F5 Product Sales, and F5 Professional Services Sales
* Top Secret Clearance (TS/SCI) required
* BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of five years of relevant experience, with a focus on architecture and design of network or systems infrastructure, performance and management
* At least 2 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer.
* Demonstrated understanding of technologies such as firewalling, application availability and security, web gateways, authentication/authorization, encryption, VPN's and network architecture.
* Demonstrated ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
* Self-motivated and adaptable to changing environments.
* Demonstrated strong written communication, presentation writing, and project scoping and technical documentation skills.
* Experience managing multiple concurrent network and security projects
IT IS HELPFUL FOR CANDIDATES TO HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
* Working knowledge of, and proficiency in, F5 ADC and industry standard security technologies and products: Firewalls, WAFs, IDS/IPS
* Knowledge of common networking concepts with a thorough understanding of Ethernet, IP (IPv4 and IPv6), TCP, and UDP.
* Working knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows variants.
* Knowledge of DNS related tools and technologies: BIND, named
* Working knowledge of cryptographic concepts and implementations: OpenSSL, DNSSEC, SSL/TLS, PKI, IKE
* Working knowledge of AAA related technologies: Active Directory (AD), LDAP, NTLM, Kerberos, SAML, RADIUS, DIAMETER, and TACACS.
* VPN and tunneling technologies: IPsec, SSL, PPTP, GRE, MPLS
* IIS, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle or similar web and application platforms.
* Security certifications: OSCP, OSWE, GIAC, CISSP, Security+
* Scripting and development experience in F5 iRules, Unix Shell, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#.
* Scripting and development experience in web technologies: Java, JSP, PHP, .NET, Node.js
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
* Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
* Duties require the ability to utilize a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
* Job requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.