Application Developer - Java
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the design and development of enterprise Java applications assuring that the technical design of delivered solutions matches the defined softwarearchitecture and also the functional requirements in terms of usability, efficiency, reliability, availability, security and scalability
1. Provide a technical resource on software development projects and has a good understanding of the "context" and the "technology" of the project assigned, and can demonstrate the project scope to others
2. Design and deliver solutions in accordance with the defined Technical Architecture
3. Responsible for the production of estimates for work ensuring all work is consistently delivered on time and to a high degree of quality
4. Consistently deliver to high standards of accuracy, thoroughness and correctness in all assigned work
5. Provide documentation for all appropriate levels of the software development life cycle
6. Share knowledge and provide guidance to peers and other members of the team
7. Produce and Review designs and software developed within team to ensure it is in accordance with the defined Technical Architecture
8. Liaise with infrastructure and data support services ensuring network, security and database integrity for all softwaresystems developed by Software Development
9. Ensure delivered solutions are able to scale to the agreed user concurrency and maintain high availability
10. Provide technical expertise, flexibility and create approach in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions
11. Communicate confidently with Almac's Customers on all assigned projects
12. Provide an active role in identifying personal development and training needs and opportunities.
College Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Database modules undertaken as part of degreedesired.
Significant experience (2 + years) in the following is mandatory:
- Java (J2SE and J2EE) design and development
- Java Server Pages (JSP)
- Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL)
- Java Server Faces (JSF)
- Oracle JDeveloper 11g (including ADF)
- Agile Methodology
- Oracle Weblogic
- Java Frameworks (Spring etc.)
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2 years' experience in software development. Strong Java experience. Experience in PL/SQL and stored procedures for Oracle. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to take direction as well as to work independently or as part of a team on assigned tasks