Application Developer 8/25/2016
United States Steel
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Making Steel, World Competitive, Building Value. In order to achieve our vision at United States Steel Corporation we are looking to add innovative and motivated individuals to our diverse teams. We currently have an opening for a Software Application Developer on the Finishing team in the Plant Systems area. The person filling this position will be responsible for maintaining and developing the scheduling, production recording, and coil tracking systems used at each of our plant locations. The primary focus of this position will be on the design and development of new, Corporate systems. This individual will also be responsible for learning and understanding the business logic and technologies in our legacy systems to assist in maintenance and enhancement projects. Your daily focus and priorities will be aligned to help USS achieve its vision and remain a leader in the Industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (for non-exempt jobs, indicate approximate percentage of time spent on each):
* Participate as a designer/developer in creating new , Corporate systems
* Maintain the legacy finishing systems in use today at the various mills and facilities
* Communicate with users to understand their concerns and their business processes
* Provide off-hour support by responding and resolving priority trouble tickets
* Thoroughly test and document code changes per our defined quality process
* Actively participate in Knowledge Transfer to learn new applications
* Participate on Carnegie Way project team to eliminate waste and achieve efficiencies
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related field
* 2 - 4 years experience in OracleSQL/PLSQL
* Experience of Visual Basic 6
* Experience with Visual Studio 2010 or newer version
* Understanding of Object Oriented programming concepts
* Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis skills
* Planning and Organizational skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of modern, front-end web development technologies including CSS, JQuery, and Angular JS.
* Knowledge of WCF and web services
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Occasional work visits into the steel mill environment.
* As a senior leader of the company, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to lead change, effective communication, and high-performance teams.
* As a manager/supervisor of the company, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to manage change, communicate effectively, and lead high-performance teams.
* As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration - encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.