Application Development Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Jersey City, NJ
* Provide day to day support for various Java and .Net applications.
* Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of application systems in operation, including incident triage, resolution and follow-up.
* Additional responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with Infrastructure Support team members.
* Provide detailed analysis of problems, prepare detailed recommendation document.
* Manage support ticket backlog and work with team members on prioritization and scope of work.
* Apply innovation, creativity and improvement to current support process.
* Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Ensures all production changes are made in accordance with life-cycle methodology and risk guidelines.
* Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members acting as a subject matter expert.
* In depth Functional knowledge of the supported application(s) and interdependencies.
* Attention to detail in all aspects of support responsibility and demonstrate problem solving skills utilizing onshore and offshore resources.
* 4 yeardegree in Computer Science or related experience
* Significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including design factors, software requirements, systems facilities, and execution protocols.
* Experience with Architecture design of multi-tiered client/server applications.
* Must be well organized and self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work with others in a team environment.
* Ability to work on aggressive schedules. May require work beyond normal hours (weekends or evenings).
* Ability to lead and influence other team members, onshore as well as offshore.
* Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Excellent written, oral communication and documentation skills; able to communicate complex technical answers to non-technical people.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience in Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management.
* Experience in Support, Configuration and Release Management.
* 5-7 years Java development
* Experience in J2EE, EJB, JDBC required
* Must be well acquainted with MVC architecture and EJB.
* Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems is required
* Demonstrated use and knowledge of various configuration management tools (SVN, ClearCase)
* Experience in the brokerage industry/financial background experience is a plus