Application Engineer / Aerospace
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
TRC Professional Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONOne of our clients in Wichita, Kansas is looking for an Application Engineer to work their new facility. Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, the position will provide technical support on all aspects of the CNC-Turning Centers and CNC-Machining Centers Applications, assisting product distributors and product end users. Primary focus is Aerospace products and 5-Axis machining.
Main Responsibilities Include:
* Processes inquiries from prospective clients concerning product applications and selections
* Does machine tool applications engineering, develops manufacturing processes, writes CNC-programs, and prepares production time estimates for the manufacturing of components as planned by prospective clients.
* Writes technical documents and training manuals.
* Sets up CNC machines and tooling for in-house product demonstrations as well as for product promotion events such as machine tool shows.
* Provides product applications support to customers and to distributor's applications personnel via telephone or by correspondence.
* Conducts technical training classes.
* Travels to customer's facilities, providing training and/or troubleshooting services on CNC-Turning Centers and CNC Machining Centers. Up to 50% travelrequired
* Must be available for orientation and training in NJ prior to permanent Kansas location for up to 3months. Additional training requirements may be necessary at our factory in Changwon, South Korea.
Ideal Candidate will:
* Executes identified decisions without hesitation and tenaciously drives them to completion.
* Evaluate and execute methods for enabling groups to cooperate across the organizational boundaries.
* Identify the essential nature of key issues and opportunities and develop strategic options to address them and maintain focus with multiple tasks and changing priorities.
Education and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree, Engineering-Mechanical
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong understanding of Machine Tool applications
* Clear Understanding of customer needs
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
* Detailed oriented
* Proficient Records Keepe
Related work Experience:
* 7-10years' experience in a related field
* 2-3years' experience in Aerospace
* Must have at least 5years' experience with 5-Axis Fanuc and Heidenhien Controls to include Programming, Parameters, Kinematics and Macros.