This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Carl Zeiss Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Application Engineers assist our customers with understanding and applying our hardware and software systems. This support is provided in a variety of ways, including formal and custom training classes, telephone and on-site support, programming and measurement services. This important consultative role requires professional conduct and customer orientation at all times.
To provide training for all ZEISS Industrial Metrology systems by
Aiding in developing and maintaining an effective training curriculum
Teaching regularly scheduled in-house training classes and specialized \\"customer driven\\" training classes
To provide phone support for all ZEISS Industrial Metrology systems by
Responding to all internal and customer related software/applications support questions
Assessing a problem/or customer issue
Aiding with software and system testing in support of product development
Filing accurate software performance reports
Providing technical after-sales support for customers to help insure successful use of our system
To provide applications expertise for necessary project related activities by
Responding to customer request for quotation
Estimating anticipated Gage R&R results
Implementing quoted application items
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* A four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics is required.
* Able to read and understand engineering drawings
* Understanding of 3D mathematics and computer programming techniques in any of the modern scientific computer languages
* Willing to travel approximately 50% to 75% of the time
* Experience teaching, training or tutoring is highly desired
* Experience with CAD (Computer-Aided Design) is desired
* Experience in a manufacturing environment is desired
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) is desired
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer