Application Engineer II (16N66018940)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONApplication Engineer II
San Jose, Ca
The Application Engineer II is responsible for leveraging advanced-level engineering knowledge and relationships to support regional accounts with significant impact on software revenue, as well as for helping customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. This role provides technical pre-sales support throughout the entire sales process.
- Lead/Assist in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity such as customer meetings and product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of a customers current infrastructure, operations, and engineering workflows
- Create and demonstrate simulation solutions to streamline customer workflows, in support of the software sales process
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the solution suites, presales/sales enablement and professional growth
- Responsible for articulating ANSYS value proposition, which may encompass its entire suite of products.
- Instruct introductory and/or intermediate training classes on the usage of ANSYS simulation products
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams and understanding the needs of our customers
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering software environment
- Demonstrated use of relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software packages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to facilitate and conduct webinars and presentations to customers
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
Posesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
Thorough understanding of electromagnetic devices and/or electrical system design and simulation, with a specialty in one or more of the following applications:
- Automotive electrical/electromechanical systems
- Electric Machines
- Magnetic Sensors/Transformers
- Power Electronics
- Low frequency electromagnetic experience
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident preferred
- MS or PhD degree a plus
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in an engineering software environment is a plus
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Experience with electrical, electromechanical, and/or electromagnetic simulation tools; Maxwell experience preferred
- Electric Machine Design experience is a plus
- Knowledge of other commercial CAE software packages is a plus
ABOUT ANSYS, INC.
If you ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are you ve used a product where ANSYS software played a critical role in its creation. ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation. We help the world s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, we help them solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Join our nearly 3000 professionals in more than 75 strategic locations around the world in making a difference in the world of engineering simulation and product development. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
ANSYS INSPIRE VALUES
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
PASSION & INTENSITY
RESPECT & TRUST
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please: No phone calls/no recruiters