Application Engineer - Java
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
NTT Data Inc
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Federal Services, Inc. currently seeks an Application Engineer - Java to join our team in Northern Virginia.
Secret Clearance Required.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work as part of a fast-paced team to perform object-oriented application development using Entellitrak (training provided) as the foundation.
* Analyze functional requirements and troubleshoot application code issues utilizing Entellitrak and other proprietary software, tools, and technologies.
* Work closely with other developers and quality assurance engineers to create fixes and enhancements to Entellitrak applications.
* Deliver high-quality software solutions that will delight and astound our customers
* Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, answer technical questions from customers, and be able provide efficient technical solutions to problems.
* Responsibilities also include writing technical documenting.
* Write reports with iReport toolkit, write custom JSP pages
* 4-6 years of relevant experience
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Understanding of J2EE Architecture (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) and deployment procedures.
* 1+ years Testing/Quality Control experience.
* Prior experience answering technical questions from customers, writing corresponding technical documentation.
* Secret Clearance Required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* 1+ years of experience with Web Application and Relational Database (SQL Server, Oracle), experience with and functional understanding of database structure.
* Prior experience with workflow or data transaction solutions preferred.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.