Application Engineer - Optical/Digital
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition :
Job Title :
Application Engineer - Optical/Digital
Keysight is looking for an experienced Digital Field Application Specialist that will work closely with Keysight's Field Sales team and customers to understand measurement challenges, propose solutions using Keysight hardware, and demonstrate Keysight's ability to help customers be successful. Additionally, this position provides opportunities to present technical seminars, demonstrations, etc. that convey the Application Engineer's high-speed digital technology expertise along with insights from Keysight products. Being persuasive to create customer preference for Keysight products as well as developing strong customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction are key aspects to this position. The Digital Application Engineer position has responsibilities for:
* Continuously learning new products, applications and technologies in areas such as:
o PCI Express, USB 3.0/3.1, SATA, SAS
o HDMI, DisplayPort, eDP, MHL
o Datacom standards, 10/40/100GbE, 400G, PAM-4
o Signal integrity, jitter measurement
o DDR memory
o MIPI D/M/C-PHY design and test
o Oscilloscopes, Digital Communication Analyzers, Bit Error Rate Testers
o Time Domain Reflectometry, Network Analysis, Optical Measurements
* Leading Keysight's customer engagements from a technical perspective.
* Owning the technical solution development, demonstration, proposal, and in some cases delivery.
* Teaming with sales professionals, divisions, and other disciplines to develop and win complex opportunities.
* Creating demand for Keysight's products and services.
* Becoming a resident expert for key customers.
* Developing and building long term relationships and loyalty with customers while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
* Contributing toward achieving sales metrics for Keysight's digital products.
This position is compensated by a base salary plus commission.
This position requires at least 10+ years of engineering experience with 8+ years with an emphasis on digital systems.
* BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education with emphasis in digital systems
* Expertise in high-speed optical communication standards
* Strong understanding of high-speed digital measurement applications.
* Passion for continuous learning in high speed digital and digital protocol technology.
* Ability to develop strong relationships with customers and internal teammates.
* Independent professional that works best under broad and general directions
* Strong written communication skills. Able to clearly and convincingly express ideas. Compelling and concise communicator. Effective presentation skills in large and small settings.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
Additional characteristics of candidates we are seeking for this position include:
* Knowledgeable with high-speed digital design and simulation tools. Able to move between simulation and measurement domains, and bridge the gap.
* Highly competitive, assertive with a passion to "win" and "teach".
* Ability to create a vision and convey the message in a persuasive manner.
* Comfortable in challenging customers by offering the customer unique perspectives.
* This is a customer facing role and as such, the ideal person will be someone who is customer focused, desiring quality customer interactions, people oriented, outgoing, and wants to earn recognition.
* Ability to translate customer insights into software that enhances or completes Keysight solutions. Skilled in a variety of programming languages and environments.
* Passion for innovation and able to independently transform problems into opportunities.
* Able to collaborate and coordinate effectively with extended team members
Territory is in/around Santa Clara.
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws..