Application Engineer, Technical Support - (Horsham, PA or Irvine, CA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Application Engineer, Technical Support (Horsham, PA or Irvine, CA)
Technical Support Application Engineers are responsible for researching, collecting, and reporting information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment. Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers. Provision, configure, deploy, and support our suite of electronic medical records and practice management applications and their supporting tools/services. This position is located in Horsham, PA or Irvine CA for the hours of 8:30am-5:30pm.
* Develop and maintain a comprehension of how the organization product suite is developed, deployed, and supported.
* Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Solves problems complex in nature, provides assistance to other departments, answers questions about the technical functionality, and provides technical support for products.
* Drafts technical white papers that help people better understand the technology behind them, and assists in providing instructions that help the client better understand the nature and applications of a specific product.
* Support and lead intergration efforts for new and/or updated products as they transition from development to general public release.
* Response and provide reactive and proactive assistance to all requests from various support channels.
* Complete projects designed to advance the productivity of the support team.
* This position may have potential responsibility for SOC-II Controls.
* This position may require knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* All employees of QSI NextGen are required to complete annual HIPPA and compliance training.
* All employees of QSI NextGen are required to read and accept code of conduct upon hire and annually thereafter.
* This role may have access to sensitive data to include PII and ePHI.
* 2 plus years of experience in software or applications engineering or related experience
* Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
* Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
* Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
* Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
* Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
* Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
* Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
* Minimum of High School Degree
* Preferred: NextGen Certified Professional, NextGen Certified Expert, Comptia A+, Comptia
* Preferred: Database Administration, T-SQL development/review, Client/Server technology
* and administration, Virtualization (Vmware/Hyper-V), Performance tuning Windows and SQL platforms, Application monitoring and diagnostics
* Knowledge of database management, web platform development and program testing software; familiarity with Java, .NET, SQL and C programming languages, ability to use application servers and logic analyzers
* Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of
* Software engineering, computer science, math or a related field
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.