Application Integration Developer 8/24/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
The role of an Application Integration Developer on the IS Solution Development team is to actively participate in the planning, design, development and support activities related to system integration. This technical hands-on position requires proven development skills, excellent communication skills, problem solving ability, critical thinking, and a commitment to quality deliverables. This role will be focused primarily on developing scalable solutions to integrate a variety of internal applications as well as allow us to better communicate with our external cloud vendors.
* Designs, develops, tests and supports high quality data integration solutions using Oracle SOA Suite and TIBCO BW platforms
* Partners with Business Process, Infrastructure, and Application Development teams to use technology to solve business problems
* Takes responsibility for timely completion of technical design specifications, development activities, test plans and documentations
* Facilitates conversations and effectively communicates with the team and our business partners
* Adhere to and support the use of IS Standards for code development and promote to production activities
* Collaborates well with other members of the team. Involves others in decision making and takes input from others when making difficult decisions. Works to build strong relationships with other team members
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline
* 0-3 years of experience in a development role building solutions to large scale business initiatives
* Exposure and/or experience with project management methodology and system development lifecycle
* Proven understanding of fundamental programming concepts
* Proven ability and desire to learn new technologies and develop solutions using a variety of integration technologies, patterns and approaches
* Experience with Middleware platforms such as Oracle SOA Suite, TIBCO ESB, TIBCO BusinessWorks, etc.
* Experience with SOAP, REST, JMS, AQ, XML and JSON
* Flexibility to learn new skills quickly and "flow to the work"
* Strong self-motivation and ability to learn
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
* Demonstrates ability to think conceptually
* Ability to build/maintain strong relationships
* Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment as well as on individual tasks
* Working knowledge of relational database design and development
* Demonstrates attention to detail, organization and accuracy in all aspects of work deliverables
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.