Application Lab Technical Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONApplication Lab Technical Leader
Position ID: req4450
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Charlotte Tech Center, 3020-A Hutchison McDonald Road, Charlotte, NC 28269 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/28/2016
* To lead a team of laboratory engineers and technicians;
* Precision in project targets achievement (performances and timing);
* To provide improvement and innovation proposals;
* To support the internal network of global and regional laboratories and an external common network of recognized laboratories for the test activities, measurements and calibrations and assure alignment on test methodologies across the different regions;
* To support analysis and improvement actions for consumers institutes and consumer insight;
* To ensure compliance with international standards;
* To Collaborate with Universities, Test Institutes, Detergent producers, Textile manufacturers;
* Feedback the test results and preliminary analysis with constructive approach to Product Architecture Governance Centre (PAGC), to Regional product Development (RPD) and GTD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To ensure specified product performances and functionality for the relevant parameters (energy consumption, noise, washing/drying/hydraulics, environmental impact, stability, infiltration and vibration, ...);
* Test reports preparation and approval;
* Manage Mechanical laboratory and Testing group;
* To maintain updated the laboratory on the relevant international standards and legislations.
* Develop the washing & drying functionality of household appliances.
* Develop washing and/or drying cycles in accordance with:
* Consumer insight;
* International standards and legislations;
* Consumer test magazines;
* Mechanical performance verification in terms of: noise, vibrations, stability, infiltration, hydraulics.
* Guarantee the innovative approach and continuous improvements.
* Planning the laboratories activities in accordance with Generation plans and Cost & Quality plans.
* Ensure performance verification in accordance to international standard and legislations.
* Develop and maintain the internal testing procedures.
* Create a regional laboratories network and external testing institutes relationship.
* BS in Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics or Computer Engineering or related required.
* Minimum 5 years experience in laboratory environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* International experience on projects management;
* Statistical methods and design of experiment (DOE) knowledge;
* Electrical / Electronic/ Mechanic degree or similar experience;
* Knowledge on washing and drying technologies, detergents and textiles;
* Knowledge of laboratory equipment, data acquisitions system, testing procedures and evaluations of results;
* Knowledge of international standards;
* Fabric Care products knowledge;
* Practical problem solving skills;
* Team oriented;
* Ability to work within a matrix organization;
* Project and resources planning;
* Good communication skills;
* Creative & Proactive;
* A performance driven approach;
* Willing to travel.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.