Application Performance Monitoring Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: APPLICATION PERFORMANCE MONITORING ENGINEER
LOCATION: DANBURY, CT
DURATION: 12+ MONTHS
As an Application Performance Monitoring Engineer you will work with World class automated BUILD/RELEASE and DEPLOYMENT systems for enterprise products delivered into in-house private CLOUDS, EXTERNAL IAAS CLOUDS AND EXTERNAL PAAS CLOUDs
* Work with automated build, release and deployment systems to DEPLOY ENTERPRISE SAAS APPLICATIONS into in-house private CLOUDS, EXTERNAL IAAS CLOUDS AND EXTERNAL PAAS CLOUDS
* You will be expected to develop a strong technical knowledge (in an effort to become a resident expert) of all types of commercial and 'open source' monitoring and logging tool sets, with DEPLOYMENT into various cloud environments, leveraging standardized deployment methodologies.
* You will have the opportunity to develop 'Hands On' expert knowledge of each product deployed into our Soft Launch environments with the expectation of providing occasional on call support
* Work with multiple interfaces locally and globally, including internal customers, peer development and integration teams, sub-system providers, automation tools, lab technicians, along with occasional domestic and international travel. Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Software Development, Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Variety of commercial (vendor offered) training courses reflecting an interest in keeping your skills current. Looking for experience with the following tools: APPDYNAMICS, SUMOLOGIC, SPLUNK, NEW RELIC, DYNATRACE, KEYNOTE, NAGIOS OR SELENIUM. 5+ YEARS' experience in the following:
* Significant expertise in a variety of monitoring technologies which include a mix of synthetic, 'Real User', Application Performance, Container Orchestration and Log aggregation.
* Working with World class automated build/release and deployment system for enterprise products delivered through Installers into in-house private clouds, external IaaS clouds and External PaaS clouds, Expertise with Automated Deployment Tools (DeployIT/uDeploy).
* Completely hands on with advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, high degree of competency and enjoy working in fast-paced Engineering DevOps organization.
* Supporting OS 32/64 bit: Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Vista, Windows 7, RedHat Linux and CentOS.5+ years of experience performing heavy amounts of software implementations, integrations, and deployments.
* Direct 'Hands On' Experience with deployments utilizing your advanced scripting skills (Shell, Perl).
Experience and comfort being client facing at times, with the ability to interact with customers and find their "pain points", then document those areas and interact with the development team to build solutions.