Application Production Support Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLeads a large project or multiple projects that are significant in scope and impact. Works independently, with limited direction, and is evaluated through end results. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technical environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with Technology management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as a single point of contact and the escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of unresolved problems, complaints and complex service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the support delivery process. employees in this job code do not manage people. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
FICC ASD Analyst Role Specification
BUSINESS UNIT AND DEPARTMENT STRUCTURE:
The FICC technology department develops and supports technology solutions for Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities, Credit Derivatives, and Mortgage businesses.
TEAM SPECIFIC STRUCTURE:
As a sub-division of FICC tech, the FICC Application Service Delivery (FICC ASD) team provides technical application support to the FICC businesses. Level 1 'Business-facing' support is provided out of our primary business centers (London, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney) and level 2 'Core' support is provided out of Chicago, Hyderabad, and Chennai. Both desk-facing and core support teams employ a "follow the sun" coverage model aimed at providing the maximum degree of system availability and timely response for our internal and external business partners.
FICC ASD is committed to excellence and to operating a 'world-class' global support organization. The FICC ASD Analyst is a dynamic problem solver working in a high-pressure trading environment that demands strong global partnerships, well developed technical and financial expertise, and a strict adherence to process guidelines.
The ability to quickly and independently develop expertise is a highly valued attribute of the FICC ASD analyst. An effective analyst commonly exhibits the following behaviors:
* The ability to rationalize the impact of multiple concurrent issues/requests and prioritize work accordingly
* An independent sense of motivation to continuously improve themselves and their environment
* An intuitive problem solving ability which leads to solution alternatives that reflect the analyst's diverse foundation of knowledge, skills and experiences
* The confidence, focus, and adaptable communication style required to effectively coordinate restoration efforts for high-impact technology incidents
The core set of technical skills that are beneficial in the role are:
* Operating systems: Solaris, Linux, Windows
* Scriptinglanguages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
* SQL (Intermediate level: multi-table joins, grouping results, etc...)
* Grid computing and batch management
* Well rounded understanding of infrastructure disciplines (network, server, storage, messaging)
Relevant areas of business expertise would include:
* Product knowledge - Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities, Credit, Mortgage-backed Securities, Interest Rate Derivatives
* Electronic trading and exchange connectivity
* Market data distribution
* Risk delivery
The following are key responsibilities fulfilled by a FICC ASD Analyst (although not limited to):
* First point of contact for business requests and reported impact (Business facing)
* Monitoring and alerting of critical trading system environments (Core)
* Release implementation and post-release testing (Core)
* Build and maintain strong partnerships with business stakeholders, application development personnel, and infrastructurecontacts (All)
* Troubleshooting of complex systems issues (All)
* Proactive identification and resolution of problem hotspots (All)
* Development of tools and driving efficiency/stability improvements (All)
* Accurate tracking of support effort to enable effective management reporting (All)
* Enforcement of change management policy (All)